DVDPedia 5.9.2 beta 103 bugs

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
stzenni

DVDPedia 5.9.2 beta 103 bugs

Post by stzenni »

I'm an Italian user. The search of Mondadori store is broken, no result. The same for DVD IT. The same in 5.6.1 and beta 103: they are broken.
It would be great to have IBS added. The IBS store retrieves correct information but no more image cover.

Best
Stefano
Conor
Top Dog

Re: DVDPedia 5.9.2 beta 103 bugs

Post by Conor »

Than you Stefano, I'll fix them and let you know when they are updated.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Mondadori and DVDIT fixed in DVDpedia beta 104. I'll take a look at adding IBS, since it's part of Bookpedia and CDpedia.
kencmcg
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by kencmcg »

Running beta 103 on a 27" Late 2015 iMac. 4444 books in collection. I don't know if this can be repeated yet, but I added a book tonight. Searched using the ISBN and the book came right up, and added it to the collection. The cover art was very small, so I scanned the book cover at 300 dpi, removed the cover through the Book menu and, with the book selected, dragged the new cover to the window on the lower left of the screen, where it said to drag a cover. Then I opened the book's page and the cover was not there. When I then attempted to close the book's page, I got a small window telling me that I hadn't saved the changes I made. It then wouldn't allow me to save or exit and I had to close the application. When I re-launched it, the cover art was in place and everything was all right.

When I have a little time, I will get a couple of other books ready to put in the system and try to repeat the problem.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Than you, that is likely a very hidden bug that requires a number of steps. If you remember do let me know the ISBN for the book in question, it might be relevant or it might be only with that particular book. If you do manage to repeat it do look at your console log. With the application of the same name in your /Application/Utilities folder. Most of the can't save errors, is likely due to me forgetting to change the format of an incoming field, such as getting a date format right. If that is the case, the console would report the field that it can't transform.
jehale
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by jehale »

Running beta 104 on iMac.
IMDB lookups are not returning the RATING.
Not all the time, but enough times. Only just noticed that I had added aroung 10 entries last week and none of them had a RATING entry.
Opened the record, clicked on GEAR to connect with IMDB again but still nothing.
Clicked on record title to open IMDB link and there, plain as can be, is a RATING.
So not sure when it stopped working.
But now if you search for a movie on IMDB when it comes up you will see the RATING field is not filled in.
svenfost

Post by svenfost »

Retrieval of IMDB ratings stopped working around Aug. 18th on any movie.
It is likely that IMDB has once again modified its page source to prevent it.
I'm running beta 105 on macOS 10.13.6.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you both for the report. Fixed in Beta 106.
jehale
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by jehale »

Excellent. Thanks Conor.