Imac camera does not focus to scan

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
RKloss

Imac camera does not focus to scan

Post by RKloss »

I cannot get my iMac camera to scan barcodes. It seem to be always out of focus and just sits there.

Is there a trick to this to get the program to look at the closer field of focus?
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Imac camera does not focus to scan

Post by Conor »

The iMac camera has a fixed focus, so that the lens could be small. It's focused several feet away for best video conference. The Pedias try to compensate for this by taking the blur into account. Do try holding the barcode so that it's near the top part of the camera, even so the top of the camera cuts it at the top. The focus in this area of the camera is slightly shorter and helps. The iMac camera has been an issue, but once you find the spot it should come naturally. It's bit of training on both sides, for the software and for the user.

If you own Pocketpedia, please use that as a remote scanner as the camera in iOS devices is far superior.
RKloss

Post by RKloss »

I'll give it a shot. Is there an external scanner i can use that may be easier?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Any external scanner should work, as they all emulate keyboard presses. The Pedias have support for Bluetooth versions, but those are more expensive than the wired versions.
vjl
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by vjl »

RKloss wrote:I'll give it a shot. Is there an external scanner i can use that may be easier?
I use a Metrologic Voyager USB barcode scanner and I've scanned thousands of books with it. Works great! You can find them on eBay pretty cheap:

https://wnc.li/11