Bug with DVDpedia, version 5.9.2 (beta) (MAC)

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
Hobolix
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Bug with DVDpedia, version 5.9.2 (beta) (MAC)

Post by Hobolix »

Hi!
I have found a bug in the version 5.9.2 of DVDpedia (MAC Mojave 10.14.4) but it could be also present with the previous ones. It works well instead with the regular version 5.6.1.

I want to insert an episode of "Black Mirror" serial:

1) I press the "+" button

2) I write the name to search "The Entire History of You". I then choose "The Entire History of You (2011)" and I have into the ADD screen the data of "Black Mirror" The Entire History of You. So far it's OK.

3) When I press the add button the program loops and after a while a window appears with the message "Could not save changes: The database in memory is not in a valid state and will be reloaded from the hard disk".

I have tried more times but the result is the same. As said, the official version doesn't have this problem.
Thanks!
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Bug with DVDpedia, version 5.9.2 (beta) (MAC)

Post by Conor »

Incredible debugging work. I added that bug 3 days ago, thank you for catching it so fast in the beta. DVDpedia is very strict with the formats and if everything is not validate right it decides not to add the entry and reload. Season was in the wrong format. Fixed in beta 127, simply restart to auto update or use the menu command Check for Updates... under the DVDpedia menu.
Hobolix
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Re: Bug with DVDpedia, version 5.9.2 (beta) (MAC)

Post by Hobolix »

TYVM, OK :)