Update failure

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
Rodney
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Update failure

Post by Rodney »

I updated Gamepedia, DVDpedia, and Bookpedia to 6.0 beta with no problem today, but CDpedia gave me the following error:
CDpedia can't be updated, because it was opened from a read-only or a temporary location. Use Finder to copy CDpedia to the Applications folder, relaunch it from there, and try again.
All the Pedias are in the Application folder, so I am unsure on what the problem is. I've seen this in the past, and I have worked around it by downloading the latest beta off your website and manually replacing.

Is there something I can do to fix this behaviour?
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Update failure

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the bug report. It's a permissions issue with the old updater and it can't replace CDpedia. For now please download CDpedia from the official link and delete your old CDpedia and drag this one over to your Applications folder. It will along with all the other updates also update the update engine and you should be good to go, should the permissions change in the future.