Pocketpedia stuck on "Requesting Collections"

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
napaxton
Contributor
Contributor

Pocketpedia stuck on "Requesting Collections"

Post by napaxton »

OSX 14.6
Bookpedia 6 (latest) (as one example; have also tried with BP 5.5 and CDP 5.5)

I try to sync Pocketpedia, and the PP window become stuck on "Requesting Collections." I've let it sit and request for 30+ minutes with no change and no update.

Any ideas? Any further information I can provide?
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Pocketpedia stuck on "Requesting Collections"

Post by Conor »

It should be over in minutes. Sounds like the connection is being blocked by some kind of security firewall. Be it on your router or Mac.

Do try restarting everything, if that does not solve it, you can try a dedicated network on your Mac and connecting your iPhone to it and then try the sync. This would allow you to know if the firewall is on the network side. You can create a network under the Airport menu on your Mac.

In the meantime if you need to get your info over to Pocketpedia to take with you, you can use the file sharing in iTunes. Hold down the option key and click on the Bookpedia "Help" menu there will be an option for "Export to Pocketpedia". Select that option and save the file to your desktop. Then connect your iPad via USB to your Mac and in iTunes under the iPad go to "Apps -> File Sharing -> Pocketpedia" and drag the created file over to the file area there in iTunes. iTunes will sync the file over and then launch Pocketpedia and it will import the file. This option is one way, it will overwrite any information in Pocketpedia, unlike our regular sync that does a merge of any changes you had done in Pocketpedia. So do keep that in mind should have to use this sync.

As a last resort you can also try removing Pocketpedia and downloading it again from the App Store and trying a new sync. Since you will be able to get your data on it, with the iTunes file sharing method if the sync is still failing.
napaxton
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Pocketpedia stuck on "Requesting Collections"

Post by napaxton »

Thanks, Conor. I will try this in the next couple of days when I have time to do some troubleshooting.