Covers not synching from Pocketpedia

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
BDT
Contributor
Contributor

Covers not synching from Pocketpedia

Post by BDT »

I try to sync my pocketpedia to my Gamepedia (6.0).

Sadly my macbook broke down recently and I don't have a recent enough backup of my macbook. I have all my records including self included artworks in my pocketpedia. All the games are synced to my Gamepedia 6.0, but all artwork is not synched to my Gamepedia(from my pocketpedia, which has all the artworks, custom build and 1400+ records)

Scraping from Mobygames or so is not working for me, some are limited releases or special releases with special (European) artwork.
Tried several times with a fresh Gamepedia install, but it is not working. Can you please make this a working feature?
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Covers not synching from Pocketpedia

Post by Conor »

Sorry to hear about the Mac Book breaking down. It's best to restore from a backup of the Mac Book than from Pocketpedia. The images have been resized and scaled to save space on iOS.

The original sync system was designed to send a few images back when adding on the go, I didn't design it to send the entire database of images, as the earlier iOS versions couldn't handle it. I need redesign that and make it a feature to recover fully from iOS version.

There several backup extractor that let you dig into the files store for an iOS backup. You could pull the images directly from the backup of the iOS device. I've used backup extractor although a user said iBackup Viewer is better.
BDT
Contributor
Contributor

Post by BDT »

Hi,

Thank you for your answer. I've looked into the backup extractors, but it didn't workout yet.

Will it be fixed in Pocketpedia? Normally I add my games in my phone and sync them to the Gamepedia app on my MacBook. With few images it works indeed, so I figured this would too.

I do have a raw copy of my crashed harddrive from my Mac in DMG format, but it has the same problem why my Mac crashed: it is corrupt. Maybe there is some way to read the dmg file in an other way to recover my Gamepedia database files. Any advice on that maybe?
BDT
Contributor
Contributor

Post by BDT »

Hi Conor,

Any news on this? I still havent managed to get my backup back.
I hope the sync will be working sometime soon in the future.

1400+ covers is a lot of work and I don't think I will be able to find them all online.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Sorry I've been doing Catalina clean up, mainly unrelated stuff that Apple is making more complicated with the new releases of Xcode. Nothing fancy, but working on an update to Pocketpedia. Will try to look at it with that update.
BDT
Contributor
Contributor

Post by BDT »

Cool thx! I will keep an eye on it.