Latest on Spotlight search working with DVDpedia again?

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
ScottH
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Latest on Spotlight search working with DVDpedia again?

Post by ScottH »

I'm running DVDpedia 6.0 and MacOS 10.14.6. I know years ago I used to be able to search in Spotlight for DVDs without even having DVDpedia open, and it was very useful. They would show up as documents in Spotlight results. That no longer works. I've tried turning the Spotlight off and back on in the Help menu (and restarting DVDpedia after each), but it hasn't made any difference.

I've searched through the forums, and the last I could find about this is from earlier in 2019, where it's listed as a feature being worked on to return in 6.1. Is that still the case? I feel like it's been broken now for a few years--I found my own posts about it from 2016, and a few others in the 2010s. I know you're at the mercy of how Apple handles its internals, but I hold out hope that it's possible to make this feature work again. Can you provide an update on progress? Thanks.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Latest on Spotlight search working with DVDpedia again?

Post by Conor »

it's still on track for 6.1, doing some Catalina stuff before that and then finishing the Spotlight. Indeed it needs to be completely reworked from the old version of Spotlight as Apple updated how it's done, but at the same time it was not backwards compatible, hence why it had to wait until the dropping of support for anything under 10.12.