Bookpedia Beta 6.0.1 Styles Selection Buggy

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
FineWine
Site Admin

Bookpedia Beta 6.0.1 Styles Selection Buggy

Post by FineWine »

This applies to Beta and Non Beta

I can choose any “standard Style” InfoTemplate but I can not choose a “custom Style” InfoTemplate. If I select a non “standard Style” InfoTemplate it does not change.

If I choose a “custom Style” InfoTemplate > Quit > Open it comes up as a blank white space. I can however choose a “standard Style” InfoTemplate.

If I choose a “standard Style” InfoTemplate > Quit > Open, THEN choose a “custom Style” InfoTemplate it appears BUT if I then Quit > Open it comes up as a blank white space.

So I have to then choose a “standard Style” InfoTemplate > Quit > Open, THEN choose a “custom Style” InfoTemplate each time.

Explained another way:

You can not go from: “standard Style” to “custom Style” and Quit because you will get a blank white space when you Open.

You can not go from: blank white space to “standard Style” to “custom Style”.

You can go from: blank white space to “standard Style”.

You must go: blank white space to “standard Style” Quit > Open then to “custom Style”.

You can go: “custom Style” to “standard Style” to “custom Style” etc but if you Quit on a “custom Style” and Open you get a blank white space

Therefore “custom Style” InfoTemplates are not sticking. :(

I hope all that makes sense. :D

I have cleaned out ALL pedia caches, I have uninstalled and reinstalled deleting all files except Preferences and those in Application Support.

Would this have something to do with jquery not behaving well with the latest coding for 64 bit Catalina requirements. I notice that your jquery.masonry.min.js v3.2.2 and jquery.min.js v2.1.3 current versions are not upto date ? (latest being 4.2.2 and 3.4.1 respectively). I also notice that looking at these 'js' files (including Bruji.js) using Brackets.app that there are a lot of cautions and errors. Mind you what do I know as I know nothing about java :oops: except we need it for the InfoTemplates, I think. :D
FineWine
Site Admin

Re: Bookpedia Beta 6.0.1 Styles Selection Buggy

Post by FineWine »

I moved my custom InfoTemplate (Style) into the package contents/Resources/Infotemplates/en and it now works. But of course this is not ideal as the package contents will get over written with the next update.
FineWine
Site Admin

Post by FineWine »

Any movement on this ? :?:
FineWine
Site Admin

Post by FineWine »

Sorry Conor but custom Styles is just not intermittently buggy but is now no longer working at all contrary to my email 4 - Thanks for fixing the buggy Styles as per: Bookpedia Beta 6.0.1 Styles Selection Buggy :(
GalebG4M

Post by GalebG4M »

Still buggy for me, I'll attempt to move it to contents/Resources/Infotemplates/en and will give feedback. The thing is that I'm shuffling around a bunch of books and other documents these days, I'm doing a report on the Montenegrin citizenship program (https://tranio.com/montenegro/passport/ this, more or less) and I spend more time trying to find this or that than actually reading and writing...