Some major IMDB info missing (director etc.) when adding

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
vid-pac-rat
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Some major IMDB info missing (director etc.) when adding

Post by vid-pac-rat »

Well, THANKS Y'all!
I was getting ready to start some war, figuring Amazon bought control...
Probably the last 50 entries I've added had "Characters" in the "Starring" list. And the Credits were listing only "Characters" also.!?!
So, how was I gonna search for Michael Keaton, or John Belushi movies, when no Actors were listed?

I wanted to blame Amazon, but I prefer to get my data from IMDb, (more real ratings, and NO imbedded Amazon links!).
So I knew it couldn't be Amazon at fault.

Then deeper fears came out; Conor & Nora no longer bleed 6 colors?!? Nah, all the gold in the world can't replace a Mac!
Well, here I am, finding solutions. 8^D

BTW- How can I edit out those damn imbedded Amazon links?!

Really looking forward to the next update of my cherished DVDPedia! 1038 entries so far...

Peace!
editorialcollective
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by editorialcollective »

I downloaded the beta yesterday when I first noticed the IMDB info was incomplete with DVDpedia entries. However I'm still encountering problems when trying to add an entry for one specific movie: "Persepolis". When I initiate the search, DVDpedia beta goes into some sort of limbo state and becomes unresponsive; I need to force quit.

The same thing happens when I try to manually add the entry by specifying the IMDB number for "Persepolis" (0808417) and then do a "Get advanced info for selection"...

Is it just me? The only thing slightly non-standard that I can see about "Persepolis" is that it is listed with two directors...
adrianwright
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by adrianwright »

I had this problem also with Die Hard 2. The program just froze and in the end I had to enter the Cast details manually.
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sjk »

editorialcollective wrote:I downloaded the beta yesterday when I first noticed the IMDB info was incomplete with DVDpedia entries. However I'm still encountering problems when trying to add an entry for one specific movie: "Persepolis". When I initiate the search, DVDpedia beta goes into some sort of limbo state and becomes unresponsive; I need to force quit.

The same thing happens when I try to manually add the entry by specifying the IMDB number for "Persepolis" (0808417) and then do a "Get advanced info for selection"...

Is it just me? The only thing slightly non-standard that I can see about "Persepolis" is that it is listed with two directors...
It's the same problem I reported yesterday.

Maybe Bruji can merge some of these recent IMDb-related threads?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for testing the beta so throughly and for the Movie name and ID number. Trying to make the plug-in more robust also lead to me introducing that bug getting stuck in a circle with the credits list for certain movies. Download the beta again and that issue will be fixed.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for testing the beta so throughly and for the Movie name and ID number. Trying to make the plug-in more robust also lead to me introducing that bug getting stuck in a circle with the credits list for a few movies. Download the beta again and that issue will be fixed.
Prawnhead

Post by Prawnhead »

Conor,

I have been following this thread because I have been having the same issues. I downloaded the very latest Beta but I am still having DVDPedia hang when trying to get advanced info from IMDB for my entries requiring a force quit.

Thanks
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Please give the beta another download and if it still happens please send me your database file if you don't mind and let me know what entries you are updating, so that I can repeat the hang on my computer. You will find the file in ~/Library/Application Support/DVDpedia/Database.pediadata select it and use the compress option under the file menu to create a .zip version to email. Thank you for your help in ironing out these latest bugs.
kbarnes70
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by kbarnes70 »

Alex wrote:Keith:
Yes, IMDb changed a number of things on their site so we had to update the plugin a couple of times.
Thanks Alex. I've updated to 4.5 now, plus the beta that fixed a minor issue that wasn't troubling me anyway :) It's all working to perfection again now. It just has to be the best supported program in the world I think!

Regards,

Keith
Alex
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Alex »

Well, it would be impolite of me to disagree with you there :wink:
kbarnes70
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji