ASIN Errors

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
verlynk

ASIN Errors

Post by verlynk »

When I copy an Amazon ASIN number and paste it in the Add Book (or Add Multiple) search window, the search turns up the wrong book. I've tried many ASINs, and it's always the same: wrong book. Any idea why this is happening or how to fix it? Thanks.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: ASIN Errors

Post by Conor »

Interesting bug. Could you have a look at your console log, see if there are any messages from DVDpedia? You can access the console log via the application 'Console', located inside your Applications/Utilities. The newer messages are towards the end of the log.

Could you please send me couple of ASINs you are using, I tried a few random ones and the searches always worked. Does this also happen after a restart?
verlynk

Post by verlynk »

No sign of any requests from DVDpedia in Console. Restarted my laptop (after losing half my data to a corrupted file) and the bug persists--looked up Rachel Bach's Heaven's Queen (B00ECE9MZY) and got The Princess Bride. Now I have to recreate the 700 entries I lost.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

To debug it even further can you please limit the search in the find window to only Amazon US. To do so click on the magnifying glass in the search window and select "Amazon US" then search for "B00ECE9MZY". It should come up with the "Heaven's Queen".

You can also try dragging the URL from Safari over the Bookpedia icon as that will automatically limit it to Amazon.

If that fixes the issue do let me know what the order is of the search sites under Bookpedia -> Preferences -> Sites as it's likely one of the other search sites is interpreting the ASIN as an actual search and if I can find out which one I can fix it.
verlynk

Post by verlynk »

Thanks for your help on this. I don't see an Amazon US listing after I click the magnifying glass. I've tried to set up the Amazon settings but I've been defeated by the maze at Amazon.