DVDpedia/Gamepedia crashing.

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
AarbronBeast
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

DVDpedia/Gamepedia crashing.

Post by AarbronBeast »

Hello!

Double-clicking on any record in my DVDpedia and Gamepedia database that has a cover image results in an application crash. No image, no crash. Also crashes after entering a title when trying to add a movie (click Add button, type in a title in the "Search All" window, but before search results are displayed, the application crashes.)

Must be related to an issue I am having at the moment with my Mac where Preview crashes when trying to open image files (PNG, JPEG, etc.) Not sure why this is happening, but looking into it.

One of the crash logs can be viewed here:
http://www.prismaticrealms.com/share/dv ... sh_log.txt

Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks!
Conor
Top Dog

Re: DVDpedia/Gamepedia crashing.

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the crash report. From analyzing it, the issue seems to be with your graphic card on your machine and the software that runs the card. If I had to guess I would say it's an issue with OpenCL that handles drawing on to the screen. The only DVDpedia code in the crash log is "Please draw this JPEG into the image well on the bottom left". This would be consistent with Preview also crashing with image draw issues.

There seems to be a lot of ]web talk about it being an issue with the GTX 780 graphic card and Mavericks. If you happen to have that card in your Mac (this is card that would be a in built to order machine and not an off the shelf Mac) you can try downloading the latest driver from Nvidia.

Regards,
Conor
AarbronBeast
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: DVDpedia/Gamepedia crashing.

Post by AarbronBeast »

Wow, you're good! And fast! I managed to deduce the same thing, that it was indeed an issue relating to my new graphics card (a flashed GeForce GTX 780 installed on my Mac Pro 4,1) and OpenCL. I found the necessary drivers and installed them and everything is back to normal. :D

Thank you!