Missing Doghouse Menu

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
tbutler
Contributor
Contributor

Missing Doghouse Menu

Post by tbutler »

I've been running the latest beta versions of Bookpedia with mostly good results (although the Bluetooth function seems to be turning off way too quickly and is incredibly slow to turn on). However, I've noticed something odd -- my Doghouse menu is missing and my Doghouse Online library has turned off. The latter problem informed me my online library was disabled and that is when it occurred to me the Doghouse menu was missing. I'm running 5.3.1 (beta 56). I also tried the latest stable release for good measure. In both of them, the Doghouse menu is absent.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Tim
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Missing Doghouse Menu

Post by Conor »

Hi Tim,

The Doghouse menu does not appear for unregistered users. Of course this should not be the case for you, do double check the Bookpedia menu under "Register..." it should appear grayed out and not selectable. If selectable, do entere your serial number again. If the Doghouse menu is still absent let me know if if there are any messages from Bookpedia in the Console? You can access the console log via the application 'Console', located inside your Applications/Utilities. The newer messages are towards the end of the log. In case they prove a clue as to why it would not display the menu for you.

Bluetooth has been updated in Mavericks and it's been finicky ever since. I have been looking at solutions, but most of the code lies in OS X, so I am waiting for Yosemite, as it's been performing well for me there.
tbutler
Contributor
Contributor

Post by tbutler »

Hi, Conor,
Sorry, it seems like the last few weeks whizzed by, but I finally pulled Bookpedia back out to enter some more books. My copy is showing as unregistered, but the "Register Bookpedia..." menu item is also grayed out. Could something be messed up from having had a beta copy installed?

The only error I spotted in the Console log that seemed to clearly be related to Bookpedia is this one:
9/23/14 9:10:58.956 PM gkbisd[131]: Unable to collect cdhash for /Applications/Bookpedia.app (error code 100024)
Thanks for your help!

Best,
Tim
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

If you have your serial number you can force the activation of the "Register..." link by holding down the option key before clicking on the DVDpedia menu. Hopefully re-adding your serial number will bring DVDpedia to be fully registered.

The cdhash issue is a harmless Mavericks bug in 10.9.4 with Gatekeeper.
tbutler
Contributor
Contributor

Post by tbutler »

It looks like it worked! Thank you!