Crash Issues

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
Fritz

Crash Issues

Post by Fritz »

Greetings Bruji Folks,

Long time, very happy user of your Pedias. Last time I contacted you about a problem was over five years ago. That is how a testament to how well your programs work!

Finally purchased a new iMac running 10.13.5. Everything seemed to transfer rather well. But then I started to notice crashes of the two programs I use most frequently -- CDpedia 5.6.1 and DVDpedia (only more recently updated to 5.6.1). Usually happens when I search for something, or have just added something to the inventory. Some days it seems like the crashes occur 50% of the time, other days maybe 20% of the time.

Fortunately, I never lose anything, except on rare occasions the most recently added item.

I have been reading through support topic headings in the Forum and not seeing one specific to Apple-device crashes. Is there a problem with High Sierra? Or is there a limit to the size of the data bases before crashes may begin to occur?

As always, my thanks,
Fritz
Nora
Site Admin

Re: Crash Issues

Post by Nora »

Hi Fritz, could you please send us the crash report for the Pedias? You'll find them in Macintosh HD/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/DVDpedia.crash.log (or CDpedia.crash.log). Also, please check your console log for any messages from the Pedias. You can access the console log via the application 'Console', located inside your Applications/Utilities. The newer messages are found towards the end of the log. That'll hopefully give us more info about what's happening so we can find a fix.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Crash Issues

Post by Conor »

Hi Fritz,

Thank you for the bug report and info. There was a bunch of serious regression bugs with High Sierra. That the only way to fix was to stop supporting the older versions of MacOS. Hence the fixes are currently only in the beta version. Please download the beta version of the programs.

CDpedia
DVDpedia

If the crashes continue with the beta, do let us know and send us the crash reports and we shall get them fixed.