Bookpedia - Default columns in a new collection

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
ScottH
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Bookpedia - Default columns in a new collection

Post by ScottH »

I've chosen, ordered, and sized the columns that show in my Library carefully. When I create a new collection or smart collection in Bookpedia, though, it appears with a minimal default set of columns. Then I have to painstakingly duplicate the same view in that collection. I'd like any new collections to "inherit" the same column layout as my library. DVDpedia, which I've been using much longer, already has this behavior. Which is why I'm listing this as a Bookpedia "bug" and not a feature request. Or did I set some preference in DVDpedia which I haven't yet found in Bookpedia? Thanks!
ScottH
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: Bookpedia - Default columns in a new collection

Post by ScottH »

Sorry, I forgot to add that I'm using Bookpedia 5.9.3, the latest Beta, 130. I hadn't tried new collections until now, so I don't know if this used to work before in Bookpedia.
FineWine
Site Admin

Post by FineWine »

After you have set up your painstakingly chosen displayed and width arranged columns in the Main Library:
  • 1 - Goto Menu Bar > View> Set as Default Columns
    2 - Now Goto your next Collection and: Menu Bar > View > Apply Default Columns
From the built in Help facility: Menus & the toolbar

Set as Default Columns - Saves the current set of columns as the default set for all future collections.
Apply Default Columns - Applies the default set of columns to the selected collection.

Quite often people, such as myself, want to display different things in different Collections that is why when setting up the Main Library it does not become a system wide "inheritance" arrangement automatically. But as you can see you can copy your Main Library arrangement and apply it on a per Collection basis so you do not have to manually "painstakingly duplicate the same view in that collection"

You will find these functions available in all the pedia's.

Enjoy :D
ScottH
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by ScottH »

Thank you. Sorry I missed that--I did look through the Preferences, but I missed it in the menus.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Added note on the behavior any collection that is set to default will change every time you set a new default. You need not reapply the default. I.e. setting a new default will change all the collections that have a default set. Way to fix a collection to static is to add/rearrange any column, then you are explicitly saying you want these settings for this collection.