5.0 is here!

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
Nora
Site Admin

Re: 5.0 is here!

Post by Nora »

Is the field turned on in your Preferences/Fields? I think this is where the problem cropped up in the first place because the field is turned off in your preferences. However it was still displayed in the column view and so you couldn't 'unselect' it from the column list since the field wasn't supposed to be displayed according to the preference settings.
mthwaites
Inductee
Inductee

Post by mthwaites »

I just upgraded and I have the same symptom already reported by "tobias", although after my error message is in English "Too few items in Property/collections/Entity/DVD." There is no obvious way to proceed. I would suggest this version get pulled until this problem is dealt with.

I'm going to try and revert to the previous version - I hope this works because I have an awful lot of data in there.
tobias
Contributor
Contributor

Post by tobias »

Nora wrote:Is the field turned on in your Preferences/Fields? I think this is where the problem cropped up in the first place because the field is turned off in your preferences. However it was still displayed in the column view and so you couldn't 'unselect' it from the column list since the field wasn't supposed to be displayed according to the preference settings.
In the drop down menu, the option for "Studio" simply does not exist. That is why I couldn't uncheck it in the first place. I just got rid of it by right clicking -> "delete column". Even in the Menu Display->Colums there is no "Studio" element.
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

@tobias - That's what I'm trying to explain. The field is probably turned OFF in your Preferences/Fields under the DVDpedia menu. Please check there that this is indeed the case. (If you're running the program in German, it's in "Einstellungen/Felder".) The box next to 'Studio' will be unchecked, i.e. the field is off and should not be displayed.

@mthwaites - Please send us your Database.pediadata file so we can take a look at your data here. (This is a problem in your data file, not the program.) You'll find the file in your Home folder under ~/Library/Application Support/DVDpedia/Database.pediadata. Please archive the file before sending it to save space. (Select it and choose 'Archive' or 'Compress' from the File menu. That'll create a new file called 'Database.pediadata.zip' which you can then attach to the email.) Thanks!
e2ek1el
Inductee
Inductee

Post by e2ek1el »

Hello,

I have the same problem as Tobias. Good thing I exported my collection before I updated. I get the message "updating database".... then it says "Too few items in collection". if I click okay it just shuts the program down. I cannot do anything else.

Please help!
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Please send us your Database.pediadata file. You'll find the file in your Home folder under ~/Library/Application Support/DVDpedia/Database.pediadata. Please archive the file before sending it to save space. (Select it and choose 'Archive' or 'Compress' from the File menu. That'll create a new file called 'Database.pediadata.zip' which you can then attach to the email.) Thanks!

If you're on Lion, it hides the Library folder by default so to go to your DVDpedia data folder you have to use the Finder's 'Go' menu, select 'Go to Folder' and copy paste ~/Library/Application Support/DVDpedia into the window that appears.

(If it's another Pedia program you're running, replace the name of the program in the path for the correct on.)
storgendibal
Contributor
Contributor

Post by storgendibal »

I've just updated using the App Store. On relaunch, the database updated and there seem to be differences to the program (Doghouse menu,preferences look different etc). However the About CDPedia says it is version 4.9.3?

I am in the UK and paid £13.49. App Store UK says it is selling Version 5. I am running Lion.

Any thoughts? I presume I have version 5 because of the extra features.

Cheers all, keep up the good work.
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

I'm sorry for the confusion about that version number mix up. You definitely have the latest version, 5.0, it's just a display error in the program. We've already submitted a new version to fix this and are waiting for the Mac App Store approval for its release.
Iqon
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Iqon »

You still don't provide a way to switch from the "old" way of downloading the Pedias to the MAS, correct? When I saw your news post about 5.0 being out at a discontinued price on the MAS I thought it would be a good time to switch to the MAS. But despite the description saying "Special launch price this week only!", the apps cost $18.99 instead of the $12.99 you mention here: http://bruji.com/articles/2011/11/08/5-0-is-out/. I guess I'm just late but I find it to be misleading advertising to claim on the MAS that the app is selling at a discounted price. I guess I'll have to wait until 6.0 and discounted prices to switch to the MAS :(
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

I'm sorry, we didn't mean to mislead anyone. The special discount price of $12.99 was in effect for the launch week of the programs. I've taken the mention of it out from our Mac App Store description to avoid any further confusion. I apologize I didn't do this earlier.

Unfortunately the Mac App Store doesn't allow us to apply coupons to purchases or provide another way of switching users from our webstore version to the MAS version.
seca999
Inductee
Inductee

Post by seca999 »

Could you please post the link so I can return to version 4.6.8 of cdpedia without problems.

Thank you!
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sjk »

seca999 wrote:Could you please post the link so I can return to version 4.6.8 of cdpedia without problems.
http://www.bruji.com/cdpedia/cdpedia4.6.8.dmg

I'm not sure if there's a single page where you can download older versions of any 'pedia software from.
DanCornett

Post by DanCornett »

I'm not able to get the iSight (into bookpedia 5.0.2) to work -- I think this is the first time since upgrade to 5 I've tried it.

Doesn't seem to matter how close/far, or location on the window (I used to bring it in from the top anyway). No joy.
mid-2011 MBP (15" hi-res, non-glossy).

I like the use of iGlasses with other apps ... but doesn't seem to work with Bookpedia -- I only get the FaceTime camera window with no choice to use iGlasses.

Keep working on this! Maybe try some character recognition?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Hi Dan,

Thank you for the feedback. iGlasses should be compatible with DVDpedia as we use the standard QuickTime libraries. I'll try to get a similar machine to your to test it out.