Bwanator Nightvision, the Bwana

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
Mauricio

Bwanator Nightvision, the Bwana

Post by Mauricio »

Hello everyone. Ancient app, and yet, still AWESOME. The idea is to make it easier, and nothing is easier than this. Thanks.

I just did not like the super eye burning white. So I fork it, Bwanator is my dark version.

Thanks again for the little tool!

Conor
Top Dog

Re: Bwanator Nightvision, the Bwana

Post by Conor »

A lot of Bwana activity all of a sudden, someone just added a Go launcher for it. Indeed, it's so old it's at BitBucket when GitHub did not yet exist.

Looks great for a dark theme Mac, love that it come with it's own Bwanator icon. Bwanator: your friendly manual reader, that you don't want to meet in a dark alley.

I'll be sure to find the time to roll a bunch of updates into a new version and post all this official on the page. Maybe even transfer the open source code to GitHub. :o
Mauricio

Re: Bwanator Nightvision, the Bwana

Post by Mauricio »

Hey Conor how are you going? heheheh nah Bwanator is friendly! He helps me a lot hehehe specially on dark alleys.

I got the Bwana tip from a website, can't really place it now. But sure thing I'll be adding an article to my site (mteam7.com), along with Bwana too. The bad thing about Bwanator is that it needs internet. And the kids say "Awwwwnn... we want cake!"

I was able to set in some inline css and js but weirdly enough on the man page the css works, on the index it does not. The very same code works on MANPAGE define but not on INDEX one. I've revised the whole css for mistakes about 3 times and found none. The JS is there to grab the OS version from the user agent info.

Something brakes the quotes in the inline css and 100% becomes 100. I felt like byte hacking it, but that's cheating. It is all escaped, but it happens. The logo I was not able to make it work too (locally). My ObjC is... well it is not. ;-P So the css and jpg are being grabbed from the net.

Works for me, but probably it wont for most, I guess. Despise these problems, I REALLY enjoy it. Makes the reading of manpages super pleasant (as it can be), and easy as I don't have to terminal > roffit and so on. URL handler proto? WAY TO GO!

About the *pedia projects they are also very cool. Maybe a Bwanapedia? That would be wicked! ;-)