Front row integration v 2.0

Announcements, upcoming features,... (READ ME!)
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Front row integration v 2.0

Post by Conor »

Double check that the drive is mounted at "/Volumes/Moe" sometimes OS X will mount it as "/Volumes/Moe-1" and other variations this might confuse the plug-in. Other than that Mathieu will know more; I don't even know how Front Row movie play back works.
acdc
Inductee
Inductee

Post by acdc »

Thanks for the response, Conor. The path name is correct (I deleted the Moe-3 for simplicity) and it was obtained by navigating to the correct VIDEO_TS folder. Besides, the DVDs play fine from within DVDPedia, but not from the Front Row plug-in. One more point to add... I have an alias to the movies folder (in this example it is Childrens Movies) placed in my Movies folder (in my home folder). Front Row is able to play movies in my network drive when I access them via the Movies link in Front Row. So, it is apparently not a limitation of Front Row to play movies on a network folder.
foogy
Inductee
Inductee

Post by foogy »

Hi,

Just a quick note to let you know that I'm troubleshooting this issue...

thanks for reporting
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Since you mention "Moe-3" I think your issue might be as I mentioned that your linked path and the real path don't match. You linked the file to DVDpedia with say file:///Volumes/Moe/Movies/Childrens Movies/Enchanted/VIDEO_TS, but the actual drive is mounted as "/Volumes/Moe-3/Movies/Childrens Movies/Enchanted/VIDEO_TS". I writen to Mathieu and given him the DVDpedia code that handles these cases. If you could please double check that this might be the issue it will help Mathieu know if he has to add the code. Check the link url inside DVDpedia and check the mounted volume with terminal by using the command:

Code: Select all

ls /Volumes
jgard30
Inductee
Inductee

Post by jgard30 »

I too, just downloaded the plug-in and installed it on my AppleTV. Unfortunately, when I select a movie the finder reboots. Should I post the log file here or send it via email?

thanks
jag
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Should I post the log file here or send it via email?
Either one is fine, if you want to email it you can send it straight to Mathieu at para9.com
dafranca
Inductee
Inductee

Post by dafranca »

detlefs
Contributor
Contributor

Post by detlefs »

Hi there, just a quick feature wish for the next version: I'd like to see the possibility to enable displaying a few additional database fields in the movies detail view. In my case I'd like to display the Collection ID. For others it might be useful to display e.g. one of the custom fields or the video format etc.
Hope you consider implementing this...

Cheers
acdc
Inductee
Inductee

Post by acdc »

Conor - my mistake in not making it clear. I simplified my example in this posting and not in DVDPedia. Both the link in DVDPedia and the actual mounted path are exactly the same: file:///Volumes/Moe-3/Movies/Childrens Movies/Enchanted/VIDEO_TS.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

In that case it's beyond what I can guess at and Mathieu, the plug-in owner, will tell you more. If there are any errors in the console log be sure to send them on to him as that helps narrow down what the issue might be.
abz
Inductee
Inductee

Post by abz »

Hi there, just a quick question. Should I be able to play linked m4v files from my AppleTV? I keep getting the "format not recognized" error. I can play them on ATVfiles and on the Mac with DVDPedia, so I know it's not the files. I tried with and without ATVFiles installed and the same result. Otherwise, the plugin is fantastic and I can't wait for future releases.

Thanks
mariosm
Inductee
Inductee

Post by mariosm »

Not sure what to do to make this work. I adjusted the prefrencesDefault.plist to the directory of my dvdpedia database folder in application support. I installed it from the installer and all it says is there is no database. I'm using this in on a mac with frontrow. please let me know if there is something I'm missing with installing this?
foogy
Inductee
Inductee

Post by foogy »

Hi,

The dvdpedia database folder is readed from preferencesDefault only when running on AppleTV.
When running in Front Row, the plug-in use the Data Folder Location used and setted by DVDpedia.
faridzadeh
Inductee
Inductee

Post by faridzadeh »

Sorry if this is off topic, but if you have TV episodes and you view them in front row, is there a way to put an episode summary for each episode as you "scroll" over it?

thanks
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

There is no field for a summary on a link. You would have to separate the episode into distinct entries in DVDpedia, this way you could add a summary for each episode. Grouping them together in collections would keep front row easier to navigate.