Item counts on folders

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
DAK
Contributor
Contributor

Item counts on folders

Post by DAK »

I am currently using BookPedia for a library/collection of several thousand books, and have been pretty happy with it so far.

I would like to make a suggestion...
I use folder capability with a dozen or so collections. When item count is turned on, the count is displayed only for the collections. It would be nice if the folders also showed an item count (with the option of counting items that appear in multiple collections only once).

Thanks for listening.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Item counts on folders

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the feedback. Will take into account when creating future versions. For now the reason item count is turned off in folders is that it can ignore all the entries and collection inside the folder and it keeps the program a bit faster. Showing the item count for folders would mean that it would have to load all the collection information in order to count them. This is not a problem with a few folder that have a few collections, but when you have 40 folder with 20 collections in each it make a difference when all the closed folders can be ignored.