Pocketpedia sort issue

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
kbarnes70
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Pocketpedia sort issue

Post by kbarnes70 »

Hi - My Pocketpedia only sorts each individual collection to whatever is selected in 'Library' on my Mac, which in my case is alphabetical by Title. But my other collections are sorted in different ways - for example, my 'Recently Bought" smart collection is sorted by 'date added' and my 'Oscar Winners" smart collection is sorted by 'theatrical release date'.

When I use Pocketpedia, I would like the individual collection sort order to reflect the main program rather than just sort every collection by Title which it seems to be taking from the Library in the main program on my Mac.

Is this possible, or is this how Pocketpedia is meant to work for now?

Thanks.

Keith
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Pocketpedia sort issue

Post by Conor »

At the moment Pocketpedia defaults to title sort on a collection that is sorted by dates. Figuring out how to group the entries when sorted by date turned out to be complicated. Depending on the movies and column it might make sense by month or by year, sometimes even by week. Not to mention the index looks wrong when it's not a single character. So we are still pondering that one.
kbarnes70
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by kbarnes70 »

Conor wrote:At the moment Pocketpedia defaults to title sort on a collection that is sorted by dates. Figuring out how to group the entries when sorted by date turned out to be complicated. Depending on the movies and column it might make sense by month or by year, sometimes even by week. Not to mention the index looks wrong when it's not a single character. So we are still pondering that one.
Thanks for the fast response. Well, at least I have the answer, or rather, the reason now. It's no big deal - the fact that I can carry my entire database of 620 movies around with me still blows me away, without obsessing over the sort method. AAMOI, I'd sacrifice the index altogether if I could have the sort follow my Mac database - it's easy enough to scroll down rapidly with the iPhone anyway.

Regards, Keith
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

I have updated the beta to keep the dates and group them by year. The index is a bit crowded when there is a large number of years, but it's still useful for browsing. Download DVDpedia beta and try it out.
kbarnes70
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by kbarnes70 »

Conor wrote:I have updated the beta to keep the dates and group them by year. The index is a bit crowded when there is a large number of years, but it's still useful for browsing. Download DVDpedia beta and try it out.
What can I say! You guys never cease to amaze me. It's terrific! Thanks!

Keith