Sorting by Title

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
birdack81
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Sorting by Title

Post by birdack81 »

Hello,

I'm here again with a problem due to title localization... Some movies have an italian title, some other an english title. Sorting my DVD collection by title is the most common used criteria and it is ok for me that the article "the" is not considered in the sorting but... since I have a lot of italian titles the italian articles are considered in the sorting and this is a mess in the list. :?

Is it possible to select/unselect the articles in the sorting criteria?
Nora
Site Admin

Re: Sorting by Title

Post by Nora »

In the Preferences/General you'll find an option to 'Ignore foreign articles during title sort'. That'll ignore the Italian articles as well as the English ones so your movies will be sorted correctly.
If you want to go further, you can also use the 'Sort Title' field to tell the program exactly how you want an entry to be sorted. You can turn the field on in the Preferences/Fields.
birdack81
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by birdack81 »

Thank you very much!

Actually I'm using the Sort Title Field, since the italian article "il" is not included in the foreign articles, but it is good this way too.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Say no more, the beta has been updated to include "Il" Italian article.