DVDpedia: Separate Fields for Studio & Publisher

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: DVDpedia: Separate Fields for Studio & Publisher

Post by Conor »

At the moment the autofill tab in the preference is the way to go. But we are looking at incorporating a possible tag clouds in the future, somewhere to make browsing your collection even more fun.
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sjk »

Thanks for that Auto Fill tab tip. I hadn't been back there since a short look when I first used DVDpedia.
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sjk »

A comment/suggestion related to earlier posts in the thread:

I'd really like to create Smart Collections that could search excluded collections (especially Wish List) without enabling the global "Include library-independent entries in smart collections" preference. Or, achieve similar results with some other method.

Thanks!
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the Feedback, we will consider a setting that could be set per smart collection for that preference. I will mention that you could enable the include excluded collection in smart collections setting and then limit all your other collection to "Movie is in collection Library" rule, but this would only work for someone for whose smart collections with multiple rules are all "and/all" based, so it's likely not a viable alternative for you. :)
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sjk »

Thanks for the suggestion. I'd already tried using "Movie is (not) in collection …" criteria but soon realized it could become too much trouble maintaining it across multiple Smart Collections in ways I'd be using it.

What I want to do is quickly list different subsets of entries in the excluded Wish List collection. I can add tags to entries then limit the toolbar search field to Tags when the collection is selected/searched. But it would be more convenient to create semi-permanent Smart Collections for some of those and other frequent types of matches.

I'd originally thought "Movie is in collection Wish List" might be useful with that until discovering it ignores excluded collections (sometimes during our [DVDpedia 4.4.3] "Show in Collection" misbehaves in folders? discussion), unless the "Include library-independent entries in smart collections" preference is enabled (with side effects I'd prefer to avoid).

So, I'm still struggling with how to do certain things that sometimes, not always, use excluded collections. For instance I'd like to simultaneously search different included/excluded collections, e.g. Library and Wish List.