Dvdpedia on AppleTv

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
Retnyl
Contributor
Contributor

Dvdpedia on AppleTv

Post by Retnyl »

hi,i've installated a dvdpedia on my Atv..sometime it crash after the searching on database...why?

another question..

it's possible to start a film on external hard disk..it's connected on wireless network to my imac..

please help..

p.s. sorry for my english..
(i'm italian user)
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Dvdpedia on AppleTv

Post by Conor »

We know very little about the AppleTV. But if you send me the crash log I can take a look at it. It is possible to start a linked movie from a mounted hard drive on the network; although I don't know if there is anything special required on the AppleTV to make this work.
Retnyl
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Retnyl »

someone can help me?
please
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Make sure you have the drive mounted on the AppleTV as you would on your Mac to access the files. You shouldn't really be running DVDpedia on your AppleTV, I would suggest you use the plug-in from para9.com, it's meant to work with the AppleTV and the DVDpedia database.
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sjk »

Conor wrote:You shouldn't really be running DVDpedia on your AppleTV
Since it's definitely unsupported by Apple it's questionable if Bruji should offer any official support for doing it, i.e. beyond answering simple questions to be nice. :)
Retnyl
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Retnyl »

i have reinstall all on Atv ..now Dvdpedia don't crash :D

..but the problem is..how can to start a divx on external Hd connected to airport?

please..
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Clicking on the link to the DivX will start the movie. The drive has to be mounted first, so that the movie can be accessed at that link.
Retnyl
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Retnyl »

I know...

how mounted an external hd to atv for airport?

i see the link on my file..
example..afp://Airport._afppovertcp._local/Lacie%202%20Tb/video/.....

I insert this link on dvdpedia but don't start..
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Try the direct link: file://Volumes/Lacie%202%20Tb/video/.... Otherwise to automatically create the link drag and drop the file over the links tab, this method will be less error prone than copy pasting.
Retnyl
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Retnyl »

i try but don't start..
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Please drag the entry with the link from the table view in DVDpedia to the Finder this will create an entry that you can then email to us at our support email so that we can take a closer look at the link you are using.
Retnyl
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Retnyl »

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
nothing!!!
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

We haven't been able to replicate the issue. The link format you sent works well for us on Mac OS X Leopard (we don't have an Apple TV). Make sure that your drive is mounted as "/Volumes/LaCie 2 Tb" by using the Terminal program and entering the following to go to your disk:

Code: Select all

cd "/Volumes/LaCie\ 2\ Tb
Also try encoding the spaces directly ( although DVDpedia would do this automatically) in the link and giving it a try: The link URL would then be in DVDpedia: file:///Volumes/LaCie%202%20Tb/Video/Horror%20-%20Thriller/88%20Minuti.avi
donglobal
Contributor
Contributor

Post by donglobal »

I need some help in installing the DVDpedia plugin on Apple TV. I have successfully installed it on my Mac and extracted the DVDpedia files required for the Apple TV but cannot copy the files to the Apple directory as I keep getting a write permissions error.

I have no problem connecting to the AppleTv via SSH or SFTP but what are the commands I need to run on the AppleTv to make the directory writable so that I can copy the required files to it.
reilynne

Post by reilynne »

@donglobal - I am having the same issue with getting the permissions error when trying to copy the DVDpedia plugin files onto my AppleTV. Has this been resolved?