Front Row plugin broken on snow leopard?

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
kevindosi
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Front Row plugin broken on snow leopard?

Post by kevindosi »

I just installed snow leopard and noticed that my dvdpedia library didn't show up in front row anymore. Weird. So, I reinstalled the plugin. Now, front row doesn't start up at all! Does anyone know how to fix this? I'd like to at least be able to get front row working again, if not have the dvdpedia plugin work. I'd really appreciate any help. Thanks in advance!
Nora
Site Admin

Re: Front Row plugin broken on snow leopard?

Post by Nora »

Unfortunately we can't tell you much about that problem. The plug-in was written by Mathieu over at para9. Do write to them to find out if they're working on an update for Snow Leopard.
Guizmo

Post by Guizmo »

Hi Kevin,

I've just been victim of the same problem. You should be able to reinstall Front Row by using Pacifist 2.6.2 to browse the Snow Leopard DVD and extract the Front Row package installer.

I am attempting this right now, will let you know the result.

EDIT: By the way, on Para9 website, we can read that they're planning to update the plugin once the AppleTV 2.4 is released, I beleive that Para9 will include in the same build the update for Front Row 2.2 that ships with Snow Leopard.

2nd edit: Ok, I was succeful reviving Front Row by reinstalling it. Replacing the .app under the Applications folder isn't enough, you have to reinstall all the files in the Library folder.

First, open Activity Monitor under Applications/Utilities to force to quit Front Row, because it process is actually running even if nothing showed up on the screen when you clicked the icon.

So under Pacifist 2.6.2, you'll have to go under OSInstall.mpkg -> EssentialSystemSoftware -> EssentialSystemSoftwareGroup -> Essentials.pkg .

Once Essentials.pkg is selected, click the Install button on the menu and install using administrators rights. When asked to replace or update the file, select Replace and check the Apply to all box.

Now let's wait for an update of the plugin, hopefully when AppleTV 2.4 arrives. (AppleTV should be announced September 9th at Apple iPod event.)
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Para9 has just released an update their Front Row Plug-in, now with Snow Leopard and Apple TV 2.4 support. You can download the update from our Extras page or the Para9.com website.