Tags

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
racerx1
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Tags

Post by racerx1 »

I just downloaded v4.4.3 and I truly like the capability of downloading the plot keywords from IMDB. :D

However, would it be possible to put the keyword tags in a different field since I already use the 'Tags' field for different tags? Secondly, is it possible to have one tag per line instead of every tag on a single line? It is very difficult to read when one has numerous tags.

Thank you!
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Tags

Post by Conor »

The tags are so extensive that we did not include them originally for this reason and we envisioned the tags field for personal tags and not this type of usage. However a user went and took our open source plug-ins and made this change and we added to the latest release as others mind find it useful and is off by default in order not to overwhelm most users. Even one per line would be hard to read, there would be a great deal of scrolling, there simply so many tags. Thank you for feedback, will keep it mind when integrating the new keyword further.
Rudy
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by Rudy »

Thanks for your update! I really like the new tags field. But it would be really great if Tags could be moved down to the bottom as the last field in standard Collection view. This would make all info more readable.
racerx1
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by racerx1 »

Maybe you could add a tab along with 'Main/Extra/Credits/Links' tabs for the keyword tags?

Not sure if this is possible, but could you 'word-wrap' tags to the width of the tags field to improve readability?

In the interim, I think I will be disabling this feature since I do use the 'Tags' field for my own tags.

Great work and thanks again!!
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

The tags can be moved further down in the info display by customizing the HTML template file that is used, there is a post on how to do that. Look for [key:tags] and move that section further down. For the tabbed version it could be moved to the credits tab as well. We will look at doing that for the next update to the default version of the templates. It's true that multiple lines would be needed for readability in the edit window.
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sjk »

Any reason more of the interface elements (menus, boxes, etc.) in the Edit window (at least) aren't more Aqua-looking/behaving, like in this KavaMovies screenshot? The DVDpedia interface has sort of a hybrid nature to it, if that makes sense.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

It allows us to be more flexible, show more information in less space and allow the customization of the field order and tab location.
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sjk »

Most changes for the Edit window I'm thinking of wouldn't necessarily use more space. I'll start a new thread about it later, also mentioning some specific usability issues I've discovered.
Nanook
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Nanook »

Conor wrote:The tags are so extensive that we did not include them originally for this reason and we envisioned the tags field for personal tags and not this type of usage. However a user went and took our open source plug-ins and made this change and we added to the latest release as others mind find it useful and is off by default in order not to overwhelm most users.
Was about to make a new thread requesting importing imdb "Plot Keywords" as tags, but saw this first. So this is/was a feature? I looked through the prefs and couldn't find a way to enable it. How do I do that?
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

The IMDb Options are located under the Plug-ins menu, the little white cube next to Help.
Nanook
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Nanook »

Well, you learn something new every day. Thanks Nora!