Templates: Release date

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
TylerInHiFi
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Templates: Release date

Post by TylerInHiFi »

I'm working on modifying the FancyIndex template to suit my own needs with DVDpedia and I can't figure out how to display just the release year in the overview and the full release date in the details or if it's even possible to do so.
marumari
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: Templates: Release date

Post by marumari »

Are you thinking of Release versus Theatrical? Or are you wanting the just the year of Release in one area and year+month in another area?

If the latter is what you want, I don't think it lets you override the output format for a key.
TylerInHiFi
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by TylerInHiFi »

What I wanted was, for a movie released Jan 25, 1961, to have just 1961 in the list view and then 25 Jan 1961 shown in the detailed view. I wondered if it was something that just wasn't possible.
marumari
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by marumari »

I don't think it is, unfortunately. All you can do is [key:whatever] - you can't set options about how the key is formatted. That said, you could probably accomplish it with some quick Javascript.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

You could take advantage of the new <meta name="date-format" content="YYYY-MM-dd"> tag that Marumari is using in her template to achieve release date sorting.

If your not using any other dates in the listing you can force all date in the listing template with:

Code: Select all

<meta name="date-format" content="YYYY">
For the details template use:

Code: Select all

<meta name="date-format" content="YYYY-MM-dd">
I don't know how that will affect Marumari sorting, but I am sure that it should be able to sort just years as well as it was handling the full date.

Download DVDpedia beta that includes all these new features that Marumari requested for Gamepedia.

If you do go with using the difference between [key:theatrical] and [key:releaseDate] as suggested above, then you have to remove the date-format meta tag from the templates and set your date formatting preference in DVDpedia (the meta tag setting overwrites your DVDpedia preference to display [key:theatrical] just as a year).