Irregular SYNC with Pocketpedia2

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
jed
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Irregular SYNC with Pocketpedia2

Post by jed »

I'm getting UNreliable syncs with Pocketpedia2 (DVDpedia V4.5.5, Pocketpedia2) even if i hold the Option-key.
Collection counts don't match, entries aren't updated, images aren't updated. Is there a file on the phone I can overwrite? I have to resort to erasing Pocketpedia2 and re-installing (my phone is jailbroken). Is there some setting that might be mis-set?
When I hold Option-key and "Pocketpedia..." (from menu) what do "Import", "Backup", "Restore", & "Old connection" indicate?

-Thanks, Jed
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Irregular SYNC with Pocketpedia2

Post by Conor »

Hi Jed,

Holding down option sends the entire database a new, so there should be no discrepancies. Since you iPhone is jail broken you can try removing the database on the iPhone and letting Pocketpedia re-create it from scratch. The file would be in the applications sandbox and it's called "Pockectpedia.sql", typo included. If you continue to have problems take a look at your console logs both on your iPhone and Mac to see if there any error messages from DVDpedia or Pocketpedia.

The special pocketpedia window is meant for debugging. The backup and restore commands copy the database from the iPhone to the desktop and vice versa, import pulls the basic data from Pocketpedia into the Pedias in a new excluded collection and the last one activates the old sync methods that where used with Pocketpedia1 and are now deprecated.
jed
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: Irregular SYNC with Pocketpedia2

Post by jed »

Thank you for the info.

Jed