Link goes to IMDB instead of Amazon

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
GageGecko

Link goes to IMDB instead of Amazon

Post by GageGecko »

Is it possible to get the link in the info section to go to IMDB instead of Amazon. Since I already have the movie it's really pointless for this link to take me to Amazon. I would really prefer that it go just about any where else besides Amazon.

Is this possible?

sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: Link goes to IMDB instead of Amazon

Post by sjk »

Pretty sure I asked about this awhile ago, don't recall seeing a response, and am still interested in being able to adjust that link's destination (to IMDb, et.al.).
Jonas
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Jonas »

If you want to change the link for just a specific film, you can change the link in the URL-field when you edit a movie (under the "Extra" page, and I think that the URL-field may have to be turned on in the preferences before you see it). This will take a lot of time to do for all your movies, but you can have different movies linked to different websites.

Or if you want to change the link for every film in your collection at once, I think the easiest way is to do a simple edit to your "Info View"-file.

Open the html-file and search for: <a href="[key:amazonLink]">
Change that to: <a href="http://www.imdb.com/title/tt[key:imdb]/">

After this the link will go to the correct page on IMDb when you click on the title. (For this to work all the films must have the IMDb-number entered).
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sjk »

Jonas wrote:…, I think the easiest way is to do a simple edit to your "Info View"-file.
Neat. Thanks for the suggestion/instructions.
kbarnes70
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by kbarnes70 »

sjk wrote:
Jonas wrote:…, I think the easiest way is to do a simple edit to your "Info View"-file.
Neat. Thanks for the suggestion/instructions.
Seconded! How cool is that! I've extensively personalised my Info View using the CollectionsLinks template as my starting point. Now, mostly thanks to help from Conor as I am an HTML virgin, I have the following abilities all from the Info View:
  • 1. Clickable names in the credits field - all in "double quotes", so clicking any name finds all my other movies with the same crew member or actor. (The "double quotes" are essential here).

2. Ditto the above for Director, also using the "double quotes".

3. A clickable 'Movie Poster' link to http://www.movieposterdb.com which enables me to add any cover art from inside DVDpedia (this works because that site uses IMDB reference numbers for each movie on its own site).

4. In the place where links normally appear, I have a link to IMDb User Reviews, Awards, Plot Synopsis and Recommendations - these links appear on every movie in my collection.

5. A link to Full Cast & Crew on IMDB which appears at the end of the Credits field.

6. And now, thanks to Jonas, the main title links to IMDb for that movie too.
As I say, I struggle with HTML but can make simple changes if the instructions are clear (using TextEdit). I wouldn't be without these mods now - I use them all every day. They extend the information available on any particular movie in a totally user-friendly way but without being obtrusive in any way if you don't want to use them all the time.

BTW, if anyone wants a copy of my template, I'd be happy to send it to you if you PM me with your email address.

Kind regards,

Keith
GageGecko

Post by GageGecko »

Thanks for the reply. Will give it a go later this evening.

Cheers!
GageGecko

Post by GageGecko »

Jonas wrote: Or if you want to change the link for every film in your collection at once, I think the easiest way is to do a simple edit to your "Info View"-file.

After this the link will go to the correct page on IMDb when you click on the title. (For this to work all the films must have the IMDb-number entered).
Where is the "Info View" file located. I have looked and can not find it?
kbarnes70
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by kbarnes70 »

GageGecko wrote:
Jonas wrote: Or if you want to change the link for every film in your collection at once, I think the easiest way is to do a simple edit to your "Info View"-file.

Where is the "Info View" file located. I have looked and can not find it?
Users/Home/Library/Application Support/DVDpedia/Info Templates

Kind regards

Keith
GageGecko

Post by GageGecko »

kbarnes70 wrote:

Kind regards

Keith
Yeah, I knew I wasn't crazy. I don't have that directory.

Any ideas?

For the record. OS X 10.6.3, DVDPedia 4.5.5.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

If this is your first info view you will have to create the last folder in that path. Create a new folder and name it "InfoTemplates". To grab one of the original info template to modify copy them from inside the program to the new folder. To find the ones that ship with DVDpedia control click on DVDpedia.app and select "Show Package Contents". Navigate to DVDpedia.app/Contents/Resources/WebViewFiles/en/, the collections.html is the default view used and most likely the one you want to copy.
kbarnes70
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by kbarnes70 »

GageGecko wrote:
kbarnes70 wrote:

Kind regards

Keith
Yeah, I knew I wasn't crazy. I don't have that directory.

Any ideas?

For the record. OS X 10.6.3, DVDPedia 4.5.5.
GageGecko - please note that, as Conor says, the folder is called InfoTemplates (without a space) not with a space as I mistakenly told you. Sorry for that.

If you download and install a custom template from the Bruji website, it must create that folder for you when it installs because I have never created it myself, for sure. I suggest you modify the standard 'Collections' template following the instructions from Jonas - others may have different html code.

Kind regards,

Keith