Pocketpedia HELP

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
joshnorm
Contributor
Contributor

Pocketpedia HELP

Post by joshnorm »

So I recently updated my iPhone from an old 3G to a 4 as well as update my old G4 Tower to a nice MacBook Pro.

So I have all my old iPhone synced data on my old G4, which won't allow me to update due to it running a old OS (which I don't want to update obviously since its a really, really old machine). But because of that I can't get my Pocketpedia2 on my new iPhone since it can't sync with the G4 due to software issues.

Is there any way to for me to get the data/sync information from my old G4 and move it to my Macbook? I really just want to get the file that is no longer available on iTunes (Pocketpedia2...) and move it onto my new phone so I can continue the seamless syncing.

Thanks for any help and keep up the great work.
Nora
Site Admin

Re: Pocketpedia HELP

Post by Nora »

To move your Pedia data from the old computer to the new the most important part is the data folder. By default this is located in your Home folder under ~/Library/Application Support/[Name of the Pedia program]. Create a copy of that folder and move it to your new computer into the exact same location. (Please note that there are two Application Support folders on your computer, one in the Home folder and one on your HD. You want the one in your Home folder.)

After that just download the Pedia program to your new computer, register it with your serial number and you're all set to start synching. (You might have to turn off Bluetooth on the Mac and the iPhone before synching.)
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sjk »

Nora wrote:… the most important part is the data folder.
Definitely, though certain modified Preferences of possible value on another system, e.g. custom field titles, are only stored in the ~/Library/Preferences/com.bruji.pedianame.plist file(s).
joshnorm
Contributor
Contributor

Post by joshnorm »

Thanks for the help of moving the data (which I was able to do)

But now since I have a new iPhone is there a way to get that Pocketpedia program onto the new computer so I can load it onto the new phone? Since its not available on iTunes
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sjk »

If you have a copy of Pocketpedia saved somewhere try adding it to iTunes (e.g. by dropping it on the Dock icon) on your new system. Not sure if Fairplay DRM will keep it from synching with your new iPhone, because so far I've only used one device (iPod touch). I'll figure it out when migrating to an iPhone 3GS relatively soon.

Here's Apple's procedure:

iPhone: Transferring information from your current iPhone to a new iPhone

And there are tons of articles around the web about it.
joshnorm
Contributor
Contributor

Post by joshnorm »

Yea that is the issue though, since I have a new CPU and the iPhone running OS 4.0 it won't sync with my old CPU because I can't download the latest and greatest iTunes for that computer due to compatibility (I need to upgrade that OS before I can download the current iTunes)

So I was hoping for a quick fix but i will keep looking thanks.
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sjk »

Sorry I don't have any helpful suggestions for you, but surely someone somewhere does. :)