Template & Custom Tag field

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
superfabio
Contributor
Contributor

Template & Custom Tag field

Post by superfabio »

Hello!
Is it possible to make 'active' the data in a custom tag field?

Thanks in advance,
Fabio.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Template & Custom Tag field

Post by Conor »

Hi Fabio,

Not sure what you mean by "active", but you can include any field in a template, you just have to add the appropriate key such as [key:custom1]. Here is the full list of all keys available. Also if inside the program, make sure the field is turned on for all the views under Preferences->Fields. Change the pop-up to "details view" to check your setting there if the field is not showing in the details.
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sjk »

Conor wrote:Here is the full list of all keys available.
What about this:

Btw, is there any reference to the non-custom Tags field on Template Tags page? I only see key:customTag1 and key:customTag2.

? Thanks!
superfabio
Contributor
Contributor

Post by superfabio »

Hello Connor,
sorry for my bad explanation.
I need to know if the data in the Custom Tag Field can be used as
filter like the data in the director, genre, tag, IMDB field...
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Ah, you're talking about the filter options in the details view, correct? That is set to the selected fields unfortunately and cannot be chosen by the user. But thanks for the suggestion.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

You can add a filter link for a custom field by adding the following link code too the template where you would like the custom field to appear:

Code: Select all

<a href=\"pedia://filterBy=[key:customTag1]&field=customTag1\">[key:customTag1]</a>
Although with the custom tags, this won't be possible as they could be more than one single tag and it needs special handling to separate each one as a separate link (the above will search the entire field). I'll add it to an upcoming version to make the custom user tags filterable.

Nora is correct in that it will not be specific to that field, as the custom tag field are not part of the options under the magnifying glass for filtering. However, as long at the search word is unique enough it should not make a difference. For example if the value of your custom tag field is "Tom" it's likely to match a number of movies who might have "Tom" in starring as well. But if the value of your custom tag field is "My Favorites" then it's likely to give perfect results.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

The custom tags will now act as filters in the upcoming version. You can test it out in the latest betas of the programs.
superfabio
Contributor
Contributor

Post by superfabio »

Great! This is what I am looking for. Thanks a lot. It will be great if you can add more custom tag fields or if I can decide how many custom field types to use.