Doubt with new 5.1.6 version of Bookpedia

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
cubimen
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Doubt with new 5.1.6 version of Bookpedia

Post by cubimen »

Hello and thank's for your software

In the release notes of new 5.1.6 says: ""sortByLabel" option in the statistics for alphabetical/ chronological sorting instead of by value."
I am very interesting in this possibility, but i have a doubt: Where is this option? I do not see it anywhere. How I can activate it?

Regards
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Doubt with new 5.1.6 version of Bookpedia

Post by Conor »

We use it internally to change the sorting of the release years and is not a preference exposed in a control. To add it to other labels you need to provide your own customized version of the statistics.xml configuration file. Although it sounds daunting it's easier than it sounds:

1. Control click on Bookpedia and use "Show Package Content"
2. Navigate to Contents/Resources/Statistics.xml
3. Open with any text editor and add the following bit to any section you want to sort alphabetical or chronological.

Code: Select all

<key>sortByLabel</key>
<true/>
4. Save the file.
5. (Optional, but highly recommended) copy this file into your data folder so it's not overwritten with an update.

By default the Bookpedia folder is located in your Home folder under ~/Library/Application Support/Bookpedia. If you're on Lion or Mountain Lion, the Library folder is hidden by default so to go to your Bookpedia data folder you have to use the Finder's 'Go' menu, hold down the option key and the Library folder will appear.
cubimen
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Re: Doubt with new 5.1.6 version of Bookpedia

Post by cubimen »

Tank's a lot, Conor.
Following your instructions I modify the Statiscs.xml both in Bookpedia and DVDpedia and it works perfectly.
Congratulations for your prompt and excellent support.