View Details Button: Bookpedia

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
njan
Captain
Captain

View Details Button: Bookpedia

Post by njan »

The View details button has no effect. The details view toggles on and off if I press command I, but not if I press the Details Icon in the bar.
Im using OSX 10.14.4 (Mojave) and the latest build of Bookpedia
FineWine
Site Admin

Re: View Details Button: Bookpedia

Post by FineWine »

Conor I can verify this bug in Bookpedia and DVDpedia 5.9.2 Beta 128. View > View Details and ⌘I still work

Also when I updated to DVDpedia 5.92. Beta 128 just now the entire Details view area was blank UNTIL I clicked on the "Toggle Details View" button, but then that no longer worked when the Details returned.

As well if you click on the "Toggle Details View" button to the 'Off' greyed out mode and then Quit DVDpedia and then reopen DVDpedia the entire Details view area is blank till you click on the "Toggle Details View" button again and it turns the 'On' blue colour, the Details then return.

I also lost all my Spacing Customisations of the Toolbar, with all the spacings, fixed & flexible, now between the Buttons and the Search bar, with the Buttons all stacked up on the left of the Toolbar with no spacings.

I wonder if this is linked into the Toolbar Button Focus bug I reported the other week. Text on Toolbar Buttons loosing focus
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you. I am not sure what is going on with the latest Mojave. I'll get it fixed and bring up the release date for the beta, as the core is now in place and thanks to great beta testers very stable. Got to find this toolbar issue and an performance issue with the cover display and I should have 6.0 ready.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the bug report and the exact details. Mojave changed the load order of the window.

Should be fixed in beta 5.9.3 build 130 of any of the apps. If you are already on the betas they will self update on launch.
FineWine
Site Admin

Post by FineWine »

Sadly Conor :( this bug is still occurring as I described :( .
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Time to take another stab at it. Get 6.0 out the door, then update my machine to catch up to my users.
FineWine
Site Admin

Post by FineWine »

It is the Icon that does not work. If you only have 'Text' in the Toolbar it works but Icon and Icon & Text does not work.

Discovered this when I lost all my Toolbar spacings again whilst checking out the Registration process. Also lost all my Preferences > Sites settings and the Amazon Test setting. There were no check marks as if they were all in the 'default' setting.

Bookpedia version 6 Beta 141
DVDpedia version 6 Beta 140
Mojave 10.14.5
FineWine
Site Admin

Post by FineWine »

njan wrote:The View details button has no effect. The details view toggles on and off if I press command I, but not if I press the Details Icon in the bar.
Im using OSX 10.14.4 (Mojave) and the latest build of Bookpedia
Still not working in 6.0.1 pedia's with Mojave 10.14.6 :(
Any time frames please ?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

This one is an intermittent bug, not sure what Mojave is up to; only acts up for a few users.

I'll revisit and see if I can squash it once and for all.
FineWine
Site Admin

Post by FineWine »

This is now working in DVDpedia after a complete clean install of Catalina 10.15.1 :D