Lost All My Images

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
MarkCapp@mac.com

Lost All My Images

Post by MarkCapp@mac.com »

I move my database file between my desktop and my laptop and somehow with 6.0, I lost at least ¾ of all of my cover images for DVDPedia (CDPedia seems okay). So now I get to find over 3k of DVD or Blu-Ray images for my entries? I'm very unhappy with this
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Lost All My Images

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the issue report.

It's likely you are reading from an older database folder. As DVDpedia does not remove images unless it also removes the entire entry from the database. Do double check any location that you have been using for the data folder. You can look directly inside the "Covers" folder to verify and look for the images as they are JPEG files inside the folder.

If you are using Dropbox or TIme Machine you can restore the "Covers" folder to one that has more images if they are missing. But do check both location on the desktop and Laptop as well as whatever means you use to transfer the data.
MarkCapp@mac.com

Post by MarkCapp@mac.com »

I did look in the "Covers" folder and there are only half of the images for the 3500+ titles I've got. I didn't notice it until I clicked on one entry and noticed the photo was missing.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

If that is the path to the data folder that you have always been using and there is no other location, then it would be time to restore a previous covers folder. You can restore the whole folder or add to it from the backup as the ID of the images would be unique to each entry, so there would be no overlap.