Play Movie not working OSX Mojave

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
MJB3

Play Movie not working OSX Mojave

Post by MJB3 »

PLAY MOVIE button or links, do not opening VIDEO_TS folders into DVD PLAYER in OSX Mojave 10.14.5 for me. Also maybe related or not, I can't Drag and Drop a VIDEO_TS folder onto DVD PLAYER anymore, I can only access the VIDEO_TS within the DVD PLAYER Application under the FILE Menu 'Open DVD Media'. Please Help....
sitenoise
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: Play Movie not working OSX Mojave

Post by sitenoise »

I just, begrudgingly, updated from Sierra to Mojave, and dragging links to DVDPedia doesn't work for me any more.

I can drag an mkv or mp4 file onto the DVDP icon in the Dock and it will add it creating a Collection called "Imported Links", and I can open the Edit window, clink the "Link File" button on the Links TAB and it will add the link successfully. But holy extra steps, Batman!

I can also play movies from the links in DVDPedia.

I thought it might be part of this "Such and such App wants to Control such and such" Mojave business but then the Batman extra steps shouldn't work either.

[Update] Dragging a file from my internal drive to DVDPedia works. It seems that only dragging files from an external drive is what doesn't work. The cursor doesn't change to a curved arrow when dragging from an external drive.

My externals are still HFS and the Internal in now whatever Mojave likes ... in case that matters.
sitenoise
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: Play Movie not working OSX Mojave

Post by sitenoise »

Update to say: dragging files from an external disk worked for a couple days and then stopped and is now working again. However, the cursor never changes to an alias arrow.

I should add that I use 12 separate desktops (from which Jony Ive decided to take away the ability to differentiate from one another by their Wallpapers or open documents while also not allowing the user to rename them appropriately--one of his many "accomplishments") so this also involves swinging from one desktop to another. That's been occasionally temperamental for years. It just feels and looks different now.

At this point I don't think this is a DVDPedia issue, now that I've played around in Mojave land for a couple weeks. Ugh :(