Add Manually not working (Discogs)

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
rpmzine

Add Manually not working (Discogs)

Post by rpmzine »

Hi guys

Since the day of the outing of Facebook, for some reason, CDPedia is not able to retrieve data from Discogs in manual mode (meaning: copying the URL and using the tool to update from Discogs. I've tested in two different computers (same database on Dropbox). Nothing. However, auto update (such as barcode on search keyword) still works on Discogs.
I've logged out and logged in from my Discogs profile, I've reauthorized the API... Nothing.
BTW, I do not log into Discogs with Facebook, it was just a coincidence. Any one with the same issues?
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Add Manually not working (Discogs)

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the heads up. Discogs started adding the title to the URL to make it more web search friendly or their API started not allowing the title in the search of the resource, bot sure which. I have fixed the search plugin to discard the title and use only the release or master number to find the album. Should be working in the beta version of CDpedia.
rpmzine

Re: Add Manually not working (Discogs)

Post by rpmzine »

Thanks! I wanted to add that I found out about it after posting here, but I couldn't! Will install the beta now. Cheers.