I think I lost a field in a Mac transfer

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
NosillaCast
Contributor
Contributor

I think I lost a field in a Mac transfer

Post by NosillaCast »

I just moved to a new Mac, and instead of using any kind of migration, I manually moved my data and installed all of my apps. After installing DVDPedia, I went to my Dropbox folder/Apps/DVDpedia and double-clicked Library.dvdpedia. This successfully imported all of my DVDs. Yay!

But now a month or so later, I’ve noticed that my custom checkbox field for whether each DVD has been ripped to my PLEX server isn’t there. I went into Preferences and saw that two custom checkbox fields were checked. I tried adding them and only one is available to me and it’s not populated.

[Preferences shows two checkboxes.png](https://www.dropbox.com/s/llltabkzg45q6 ... s.png?dl=0)

[Only one checkbox available.png](https://www.dropbox.com/s/mpcsh7mxjq9zo ... e.png?dl=0)

How do I get this data back? it would be a HUGE hassle to recreate so I hope it’s in here somewhere.

I did save a full backup of my previous Mac so if I have to dig through preference files somewhere I can do it.
NosillaCast
Contributor
Contributor

Re: I think I lost a field in a Mac transfer

Post by NosillaCast »

I just remembered something, my previous Mac saved the database in Dropbox/Apps/DVDpedia/... and when I moved to this Mac I simply double-clicked the file Database.dvpd to import it. So the data was the same data (or so I thought?)
FineWine
Site Admin

Re: I think I lost a field in a Mac transfer

Post by FineWine »

Have a look here ~/Library/Preferences/com.bruji.*****pedia.plist

Also have a read of: Pedia Maintenance Practices