Large covers not loading into Pocketpedia

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
arkayspark
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Large covers not loading into Pocketpedia

Post by arkayspark »

Hi there,
I had turned the large covers off in Pocketpedia but decided I need them while shopping so turned them back on, but they won't load on sync. If I update a title the cover loads. It will take me months to do it on each title. I can't just import from Doghouse as many of the covers are from Australian dvds which have different covers than the regular ones, which I've already manually added.
Is there a way to force a sync from Dvdpedia to Pockerpedia which will include all the covers?
FineWine
Site Admin

Re: Large covers not loading into Pocketpedia

Post by FineWine »

Ok try this:

1 - open desktop DVDpedia and hold the Option key and click on the Help menu and this will open a hidden menu
2 - select and click on Export for Pocketpedia
3 - save the resulting For Pocketpedia.pocketpd file to Desktop and Quit DVDpedia
4 - connect your iDevice to your mac via cable
5 - open Finder and click on your connect iDevice in the left column under Locations
6 - let it finish completely the Sync'ing process
7 - select Files on that windows tab bar
8 - select Pocketpedia and right click on each Folder/File and select Delete However DO NOT DELETE the actual Pocketpedia entry
NOTE: sometime Finder does not immediately show these App's & Files, wait a few minutes.
9 - select the For Pocketpedia.pocketpd on your Desktop and drag & drop it into Finder on top of the Files Pocketpedia entry
10 - eject your iDevice from your Mac
11 - open Pocketpedia on your iDevice and select DVDpedia within the Collections column - it should now start to reload all your entries and cover art, be patient as it may take a while. (from seconds to several minutes)

Please ensure to Backup all Pedia's before attempting this. File > Export > Backup from within each Pedia.

Hope this fixes your issue.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you FineWine fr providing a solution that will give you a full reset, for those encountering edge cases.

For the covers, you can tell DVDpedia to forget what it thinks it knows about the state of the cover sync and do a full sync again by holding down the option key on the Mac while pressing the sync button on Pocketpedia. That would be the "alt" key on some keyboards.

I'll take a look at adding a way of Pocketpedia telling the Pedias that the cover preference was toggled that a full cover sync should be done again. Although with space more abundant now on the latest devices, I might remove the preference altogether, as well as the search limiting preference. It used to be there to save on CPU and storage.
arkayspark
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by arkayspark »

Hi there,
Thanks for the suggestion to add covers. Who would guess pressing a key on the Mac would work so well.
Thanks!