Bookpedia not installed on my hard drive?

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
KellyBond

Bookpedia not installed on my hard drive?

Post by KellyBond »

After doing some updating and clearing off on my computer, Bookpedia now gives the message "Bookpedia is an application downloaded from the Internet. Are you sure you want to open it?" every single time I want to use it. It's as if it's not on my computer's hard drive anymore. Any thoughts on this? Thank you.
FineWine
Site Admin

Re: Bookpedia not installed on my hard drive?

Post by FineWine »

Hi and welcome to these forums. The message you are seeing is a security gateway message. Carry out the following.

Once the prompt appears saying it cannot be opened, cancel it and launch System Preferences. Navigate to the Security & Privacy section, and under the General tab you’ll see your blocked program. Simply click Open Anyway to launch it.

You may need to "Unlock" the padlock to allow this to happen. I can not remember as it has been a while for me to see this message.

Anyway you will only have to do this once and all will be good again.

You stated you did some cleaning and updating of your machine, have a read of this article: Pedia Maintenance Practices

Let us know how you get on. :D
KellyBond

Post by KellyBond »

Thank you! When I tried this, Bookpedia does not appear on the General tab or anywhere that I can see in the Security and Privacy tab. Any other ideas?
FineWine
Site Admin

Post by FineWine »

Please provide macOS version and Bookpedia version.

You can also download and install the beta versions. These are just as stable as the non beta's. Pedia's Beta

Also prior to installing the latest beta, uninstall your current version following the Pedia Maintenance Practices article.
KellyBond

Post by KellyBond »

MacOS Monterey 12.6
Bookpedia 6.2.1
FineWine
Site Admin

Post by FineWine »

On further research try the following:

To open Bookpedia blocked by Gatekeeper without referring to System Preferences or disabling it, simply right-click on Bookpedia (or ctrl-click if that’s your thing), and in the menu which appears, select Open. A prompt will now appear asking for confirmation. Hit Open once more and Bookpedia should open.

In future, Bookpedia will open without confirmation, as it has been approved. You only need to do this on first launch. This method works for either of the following Gatekeeper scenarios “Bookpedia is an application downloaded from the Internet. Are you sure you want to open it?” and “Bookpedia can’t be opened because it was not downloaded from the App Store” prompts, and leaves Gatekeeper enabled at all times.

You do not state whether you have tried Pedia Maintenance Practices especially Points 1 thru 3.

If the above does not work please contact Conor at Bruji Support: support@bruji.com