Imports & Metadata

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
sunshine

Imports & Metadata

Post by sunshine »

Hi, all.

I'm a new user.

Does Bookpedia work with all ebook file types? I have tried importing ebooks into the program but epub ebooks don't seem to be selectable for importing. Why is that?

Also, if metadata changes are made to ebooks within the program, are the changes reflected in the source file itself? Or do the metadata changes only exist within Bookpedia?

Thanks for the help.
FineWine
Site Admin

Re: Imports & Metadata

Post by FineWine »

Hi and welcome to this wonderful forums.

First off have a read of this Help Topic: Adding eBooks or PDFs

Also you can drag epub book into 'Details View'.

This is working with Bookpedia 6.2.1 Beta 231

All this works with  iBooks which users the epub format and these can be found here: ~/Library/Containers/com.apple.BKAgentService/Data/Documents/iBooks

Let us all know how you get on.

Unfortunately Kindle has done something very horrible with their ebook formatting which has made it virtually impossible to import.
sunshine

Re: Imports & Metadata

Post by sunshine »

Thank you for the response.

I have tried looking for answers online, but I am still unclear. Is Bruji compatible with all standard ebook formats: epud, mobi, djvu, lit, opf, pdf, etc?

Also, does Bruji require that ebooks be copied into its own database in order to create libraries? Or can its libraries be linked to an external folder, let's say on an external hard drive, where a collection of ebooks are stored?

And are metadata changes to ebooks saved within the ebooks themselves?

All in all, there are so many ebook library management programs available. I have found Calibre to be very cumbersome; but it does offer a lot of capabilities. I am curious to hear from its passionate users about makes Bruji especially unique.