DVDPedia: unable to delete spurious entry

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
Meng
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

DVDPedia: unable to delete spurious entry

Post by Meng »

Hello,

Weird one this. I have an entry at the top of my list with a blank title which I cannot edit or delete.

If I try to get rid of it, it disappears from the list but when I try to close the app it prompts: "Could not Save Changes. The database in memory is not in a valid state and will be reloaded from the hard disk."

The app then quits and automatically reloads, with the spurious entry back in the list. It's not a huge problem, but it is irritating!

I''m using version 6.2.1 under Sonoma 14.1.2.
FineWine
Site Admin

Re: DVDPedia: unable to delete spurious entry

Post by FineWine »

Hi. Have a read of this Topic: Pedia Maintenance Practices
Delete any files that have the suffix -shm and -wal. These are cache files.

Also have a look at cleaning up 'spaces' which can sometimes create a spurious entry. MenuBar > Book > Fixes > Fix spaces as well there is a hidden expanded menu with some handy tools: Hold down the option key and click on the main Help menu and select - each in turn: 'Verify Database', 'Remove Orphaned Covers' and 'Clean Duplicates in Fields'

Also remember that the pedia's by default creates an automatic backup of its data file (Database.dvdpd) once a month. These backup files are saved in your Bookpedia data folder, by default located in your Home folder under ~/Library/Application Support/Bookpedia. The backup files are called backup1Month.bookpd, backup2Months.bookpd and backup3Months.bookpd. After three months, the first file gets overwritten with the 4th month backup so you should always have three backup files in your Bookpedia data folder.

See how you go 🎅
Meng
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Re: DVDPedia: unable to delete spurious entry

Post by Meng »

Thanks. I'll give it a try.