IMPORTANT - Pedia's for Apple Silicon Released

Announcements, upcoming features,... (READ ME!)
FineWine
Site Admin

Re: IMPORTANT - Pedia's for Apple Silicon Released

Post by FineWine »

reinklang wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:42 pm Is there a way to access previous beta versions? Or: any solution to get the sites plug-ins working again? Specifically IMDB, which only worked with the previous (V6) beta.
Do you run Time Machine?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the patience. IMDb should be working in versions 305 of the beta as well as the official release of version 7. (That went out earlier than I wanted, as some plugins yet not updated for Silicon. But there was that bug with PHP making old serial numbers invalid, which could be fixed with a free purchase of a new serial number; thank you fine wine for helping people out. With version 7 they shouldn't even run into that issue.)
gonnemans
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by gonnemans »

Thanks for the updates. All the pedia's are essential in my archiving, I luv 'em!
marksealey
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by marksealey »

This has made my day!

Yet again, Bruji is the best.

Surely it's time for a paid update. Or please say where is the best place for anyone who wants to to make a donation.

Thanks, Conor.

I'm making more use of BookPedia in particular than ever.

Really good news.
Last edited by marksealey on Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sitenoise
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sitenoise »

What does:
"Quicktime libraires had to be stripped, so no metadata on imported quicktime files". ... mean?

"Imported" as in you have a link to a QT movie file on disk? I have a bunch of movie files linked but none are .mov files ... I don't know what's inside of the mkv or mp4 files though. And no idea what metadata DVDPedia gets from any of them

I'd really like some input on this. I don't want to run the update if it's going to break info about all the files I have linked
FineWine
Site Admin

Post by FineWine »

Thank you Conor - what a great Easter present for us all.
gonnemans
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by gonnemans »

I second this!
marksealey wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:44 am Surely it's time for a paid update. Or please say where is the best place for anyone who wants to to make a donation.
klausness
Captain
Captain

Post by klausness »

Looks like Discogs search is back in the latest CDPedia beta. Thanks, Conor!

Also, I would happily pay for the upgrade to 7.0. If you're still working on it despite your hiatus (which you seem to be), then you deserve to be paid for that.
marksealey
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by marksealey »

Again +1 for all of this!
DanThe
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by DanThe »

As I mentioned in another post, a huge thank you to Conor for first releasing the beta Apple Silicon version 7 of the apps (big surprise to all of us) and for taking the time to address some of these reported issues. I do realize as most of us do that these do not need to be addressed immediately given the hiatus status but still I believe it is important given these new releases that behavioural and things that do not work as expected need to be reported.

I also agree with everyone else that should at some point Conor return to this full time that some revenue stream like a subscription model or crowd funding should be put in place to support the huge amount development effort that goes into maintaining these apps.