Bookpedia 7.0 changelog?

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
vjl
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Bookpedia 7.0 changelog?

Post by vjl »

Hi all,

I don't visit here as often as I should [busy running a successful online used bookstore using Bookpedia to power my inventory and sales records!]. I noticed a new version was pushed out via software update recently, but the changelog screen shows the version I have installed. I am unsure what has changed from 6.2.1 to 7.0, and obviously want to make sure I pay the upgrade fee to move to 7.0 [and test it in a test environment before putting my 50,000+ Bookpedia database into 7.0 format, assuming there is a format change/update.

This is what my changelog screen shows:

https://cloudup.com/c_KRIWmnioO

The Bookpedia product web page did not offer any news either:

https://www.bruji.com/bookpedia/new.html

It still reports 6.2.1 as the most recent, so I am a bit wary that this 7.0 update is for real. I also saw no link to upgrade to 7.0 and one link called "sunsetting" goes to a WordPress error page:

There has been a critical error on this website.

Learn more about troubleshooting WordPress.

Has anyone else downloaded this 7.0 version? The repository wasn't hacked, and 7.0 is real? It feels odd that there is no mention of this on the website. Thanks for any info y'all can provide!
FineWine
Site Admin

Re: Bookpedia 7.0 changelog?

Post by FineWine »

Hi. There are a couple of posts you may have missed.

Hiatus

IMPORTANT - Pedia's for Apple Silicon Released

The latest stable version is Version 7 Beta 306 as of the 29th March 2024, for all the Pedia's
Most of the changes are for Apple SOC silicon based macOS versions as well as the search plug-ins particularly Amazon. I am using the latest beta version on a macOS 10.15.7 Catalina and all works fine. Others have reported that all the pedia's are working fine on the latest macOS Sonoma 14.4.1.

Ignore the Pedia's change logs as they are very generic.

Please report all Bugs in the Bugs Report forum. Conor does check every so often and tries to fix these and post updates.

Remember there are 3 ways to ensure you keep the Pedia's upto date:
1 - DVDpedia > Preferences > General > Tick - Check for updates automatically on startup (weekly)
2 - DVDpedia > Check for updates
3 - Manual download from here: https://bruji.com/beta/
PS: The beta site pedia version numbers have yet to be updated to reflect the version 7 number but I can asure you they are the latest version

Due to Conor's Hiatus the website is not a priority at the moment. The master web site address of Bruji - a Mac's Best Friend is still working apart from the Blog site. Though the security certificate is out of date so you may get a browser security warning.

You should be fine updating from version 6 to 7 as it should automatically accept your prior registration. Please ensure you have your registration/s written down prior though.

Also have a read of this topic prior to updating Pedia Maintenance Practices Here you will find a list of the Folders and Files you need to keep and backup.

AS WELL - PLEASE ENSURE YOU BACK UP. prior to updating. I use Apple Time Machine on a Airport Time Capsule 5th gen plus a Grandfather backup external HD using Copy Copy Cloner which goes off site.

Please also have a read of this Topic: Should the Pedia's move to a Different Financial Model and vote.