CDPedia Beta 306 bug when updating from Discogs

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
rpmzine
Contributor
Contributor

CDPedia Beta 306 bug when updating from Discogs

Post by rpmzine »

Hi there.

Since yesterday, a simple procedure I used to update my collection has become a chore. Basically, I remove any field (like label) to be updated by Discogs (link already on the entry). As I use right-click and choose it, it starts processing. Then, out of the blue, the infamous "The database in memory is not in a valid state and will be reloaded from the hard disk" creeps in as it starts to update each entry (I know because the popup window shows up). I've tried updating one by one, in batches, small batches, big batches... It won't matter. Sometimes, it updates a few, and then it happens.

I did all the cleanup procedures and deleted temp files... Nothing worked.

It also happens when adding manually by copying the Discog album address into the URL field and updating from it. The only thing that made the entry go through was deleting all links in the 4th tab (especially YouTube links). This was the only method that seemed to work.

So, I have no idea what it is. When Discogs restarts, it opens in the same entry of the previous state (not the last entry, but the entry when you last opened) and eventually some of those entries I was attempting to update get updated.

Thanks for your help!
rpmzine
Contributor
Contributor

Re: CDPedia Beta 306 bug when updating from Discogs

Post by rpmzine »

After testing a bit more, I found that it is connected to the Links tab. I have to delete everything there before saving each entry, otherwise, the bug crashes it.