advice on iPod template with a large library

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
teacher24_70
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

advice on iPod template with a large library

Post by teacher24_70 »

I'm needing some help or advice on choosing the right template for my iPod.

Ultimately, I'd LOVE to be able to fit BOTH my DVD's and my books on my iPod. But at this point, I can't even get my books to fit on.

My Bookpedia library is already almost 1500 (and they're not even all entered yet). Even when I try to use one of the sorted templates, I can't get them all to show up. If I try sorting alphabetically, the A's cut off part way down and don't list all "A" books. The note must get truncated at some point. I hate to sort by author, because I usually search by title.

I've tried a couple of different templates (can't recall exactly which ones right now because I also tried a couple of the DVD templates and it's all a jumble now) and can't seem to figure out which one will give me a "complete" listing--if any will.

I sure which that there was a way around the 1000 note limit. Especially when there's PLENTY of space on my iPod--it will even store more than a 1000--just can't VIEW more than a 1000.

Any ideas?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

The trick to getting around the 1000 note limit is to group your books and DVDs. for example one note for each Genre, or Author, or titles but listed separated alphabetically or any other column sorted that makes sense for you. Any of the sorted or alphabetically will work for this.

if you create your own you want to make sure the PageSplit is set to something, so that entries are grouped (take a look at the sorted templates for info on the Pagesplit). Don't include the summary field; if you do you have to make sure that groups are small such as author, because there is a 4k limit per note.