Dutch titles?

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
paraglider
Inductee
Inductee

Dutch titles?

Post by paraglider »

Hi,

I've been searching a bit around in this forum but coul not find the answer on my question.

"Is it possible to add search sites with Dutch titles?" [BookPedia]

I'm quite a newbie, so I do not understand yet how to add z39.50 servers, also I could not find the right plug-ins for Dutch titles.

So, is there somebody who can help me?

I love BookPedia, it's a great app! It will be the ultimate application for me if I can put my +1.500 Dutch books in it with the help of search sites!

Thanks.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Hi,

We don't have a Dutch search site for Bookpedia.We have one for DVDpedia. If you know of any good book information websites in Dutch don't hesitate to post that information as possible search sites. We hope to make the creations of search plug-ins easier so that we can have more of them in the future.
buridan
Inductee
Inductee

Dutch Z39.50 servers?

Post by buridan »

Hi,

I am wondering if there are any Dutch Z39.50 servers at all...?
Can't find any in the list under Advanced > z39.50 Servers > Possible servers.

I thought tolk.pica.nl was a Z39.50 server, but it does not connect. I would very much like to have a Dutch server to add my books!

Buridan
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

I found two Dutch sites in the target directory, one for the Vrije Universiteit and one for KUS-ALICE (I have no idea what kind of institution that one is). The setting for the latter would be:
http://www.agralin.nl:210/clcz3950 USmarc Latin1

Unfortunately the listing for the Vrije Universiteit doesn't seem to work. I've found two more listings under another target directory site "http://www.webclarity.info/registry/browse" for the universities of Delft and Maastricht but they use a record structure that Bookpedia can't recognize, I believe.

If you have a certain institution in mind, take a look at their website. If they are connected to the z39.50 system then they should have some information about that on their site so you'll be able to try it out with Bookpedia.
ahelm
Inductee
Inductee

Dutch sites

Post by ahelm »

Long ago I tried to get bol.com working for Bookpedia. It was a distaster. Now I found a plain and simple site. When I have some time I'll try and slam something together...
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

DVDpedia has a bol.nl plug-in (thanks to DVDpedia user SpaceMax) and I thought it would be easy to turn that into a search plug-in for Bookpedia but no such luck... Their sites are really tricky to parse. But if anyone has any success - let us know! :)
Frits
Inductee
Inductee

dutch titles

Post by Frits »

Hi,

I think bookpedia is great! But with a Dutch catalogue, it would be even greater. I searched a lot for Z39.50 servers, but found no good one. Perhaps the only one is the Belgium one, from the Leuven university, but that server is down for almost two months.
I buy a lot of books from http://www.proxis.be or proxis.com. Would it be possible to use thier catalogue? Any help is welcome, I don't know much about these topics!
Thanks