EMail book info

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
colinc
Contributor
Contributor

EMail book info

Post by colinc »

Often when talking with people I need to tell them details of a particular book or books.

It would be great if there was a way of selecting the titles and them emailing the title, isbn, asn, publisher and author to someone. Whether this is better done through a formatted copy/paste into a mail message, or directly from within Bookpedia I'm not sure. (maybe a service?).

I imagine similar functionality would be useful for CDs and DVDs as well.

Cheers, Colin
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Hi Colin,

We have on our to do list creating an email automatically with a menu command, as we do with the borrowed movies. In the meantime you can select the books you want and drag them with option to get an MLA bibliography, this will only have part of the information, the ISBN is not part of the bibliography.

Example:

Code: Select all

Gaiman, Neil. Neverwhere. Headline Book Publishing Ltd, 2000.
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

If the person you're emailing the info to uses Bookpedia you could also send them a bcard. Just drag the entry from Bookpedia to your desktop to create the bcard and then attach it to your email. (If the receiver doesn't have Bookpedia, the demo version will suffice too.)