Slight addition to help file

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
EricBarstad
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Slight addition to help file

Post by EricBarstad »

Not a feature request, per se, but an addition of sorts: In the help file, where it talks about creating bibliographies by cutting and pasting into TextEdit, it says this does not work with MS Word. Perhaps you could also specify that it does not work with plain text editors either, such as TextMate (only the titles get copied over).

The copy and paste MLA-style bibliography is very cool, though. Wish I'd had this program as a student...

EDIT: Shoot, I should add that I think there should be some sort of placeholder text to represent missing fields (such as location) so people don't think an entry is complete when it's not. E.g.:

Code: Select all

Babstock, Ken. Airstream Land Yacht. [Location]: House of Anansi Press, 2006.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

That a good suggestions thank you. Will also try to improve the copy and paste to do the right thing. The problem is some text editors choose the link over the bibliography and only display the title. We place both data types on the paste clipboard that other programs read. Will have to be smarter about it and only place one type of data. For example holding down option and dragging will only place the bibliography information so that it will be the only thing available to the receiving application and it won't pick the link.