FTP Feature in DVDpedia

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
dpoliteski

FTP Feature in DVDpedia

Post by dpoliteski »

Hi, I just tried using DVDpedia and think I like it a lot so I registered it. Just trying features to see what works and what has problems.

What I noticed is issue with FTP, I searched in forum already. When I export collection to FTP sometimes preview works, sometimes it doesn't do anything. Keep going back in, defaults to silver as template, never seems to work at all when I select another template. When preview works, I publish it and it worked. Then I go back after adding more items, and rather than updating existing it makes you go through preview again. Sometimes after preview works, the app hangs and the publish button never appears it stays at preview, even with preview window open.

So is it a known issue where export to FTP doesn't always work, or app freezes?

Anyone know about this issue?

Thanks much,
Dan.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the bug report. It was getting stuck trying to decide if it could do an update instead of an upload. I have now changed it so it defaults to an upload and then if it determines it can do an update it changes, that way if it get stuck deciding you can still run the upload. You can download DVDpedia here for the fix.

If you have problems with the FTP in the future let me know if there are any errors in your console log from DVDpedia. Remember you can do an template export and use the great shareware program Transmit to upload your website.
Wolfrum
Inductee
Inductee

FTP problems

Post by Wolfrum »

First of all, let me say I love the Pedias (currently own dvd, book and cd) but I'm having some wonky problems.

The new "Export to FTP" feature has yet to work for me. At home (dual g4, 1.2 ghz, 10.3.9, 1.5gb RAM) it wouldn't even try to upload. Just hung there. I tried again at work (dual G5 2.5ghz, 10.4.8, 2 gb RAM) and it said it uploaded but there's nothing there.

Also, completely other topic: in Full Screen mode, at home, the images are randomly not inverting (as in mirror-image) in the reflections and there's a tiny 4 pixel or so horizontal band beneath the reflections. I understand this is purely cosmetic but I thought I'd ask anyway. Could this be a memory shortage issue or OS related?

All this aside, I'm extremely happy I purchased the Pedias and very much satisfied with everything you've offered.

Thanks for all your efforts,
dan.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the information. Do send us your console log if you find any error messages there from the pedias after the FTP export; and as much information as your willing to share about your FTP setup, as each FTP server can be so different we might not be able to connect to it. (This is why if it doesn't work correctly we recommend Transmit, a great program that spent years refining the FTP experience.)

Make sure that you have the latest version of the pedias on your home computer as I worked around a bug in OS X that caused certain high DPI images to not invert in Tiger and Panther. However, Panther might still have this bug for certain images, when you upgrade to Tiger or Leopard the bug will be fixed.