Entering recording with multiple discs

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
tsaxman28

Entering recording with multiple discs

Post by tsaxman28 »

I have several recordings that are more than one disc. Even though CDPedia allows you to enter the number of discs for a recording, there doesn't seem to be a way to add the tracks from the 2nd, 3rd, etc. discs the the 1st discs record. Am I missing something, or do you have to have a separate record for each disc?

Thanks,
Craig
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Hi Craig,

In the edit window under the tracks tab there is a button with a plus sign on the lower left of the table, that button should let you add new tracks to the CD. Some users leave an empty track between track sets to denote a new CD, others use a custom field to keep track of where a new CD starts, e.i. track 15.
tsaxman28

Post by tsaxman28 »

Thanks Conor.

While your suggestions are certainly possibilities, they make for much more work than just having three records (e.g., for a 3 CD set). When you add tracks the track numbers are automatically incremented and, at least as far as I can tell, cannot be changed. So you would be forced to use your suggestion of creating a custom field to accurately show the correct number of tracks. Plus I don't see an easy method of getting track names and times from disc 2 to disc 1 without copying and pasting each one separately. This might not be too bad if there were only a handful of tracks. However, the set I just added had 20+ tracks on each CD.

Craig
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

A requested feature on our list of features to add is the ability to merge CDs into a single CD. So that users can scan the separate CDs in a 2 CD set for the track information and then merge the entries.

You can re-arrange tracks by drag and dropping them to but them in the right order.
tsaxman28

Post by tsaxman28 »

Thanks again. Definitely a feature I would use!!

Craig