Collectorpedia?

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
Kjeld

Collectorpedia?

Post by Kjeld »

Hi!

I would like to thank you for the wonderful program. I have been using Bookpedia for a while now and love how it works. Great work!

I collect vintage postcards and photographs and have been looking for a Mac OS program to organize my collection. I haven't found anything yet and thought it would be great if there were a program like Bookpedia for such collections. Ideally the program would be linked to eBay, Delcampe.com, AbeBooks, alibris and ILAB (which all list vintage postcards or photographs).

It could be based on Bookpedia, so you wouldn't have to start from scratch.

What do you think?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the interest. We hope to provide more flexibility in the future to our programs so that they can be used to catalog other things. But we are far away off from being there as flexible is one of the tougher things for a computer to do.
Kjeld

No competition

Post by Kjeld »

I hope you can get there soon! I really need something good myself, and for Macs there is absolutely no competition in the huge collectors market (unless you run a Windows program on your Mac... Which would be heresy :twisted: )

Go for it! :D
druid
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by druid »

It would be great if you could provide us with a kit that allowed us to assemble the sort of -pedia databases that suited our collections.

Or create custom DBs for those willing to buy them?
twobarb
Inductee
Inductee

Post by twobarb »

I could go for a program that would allow me to database several different collections. It would be nice to know what tools I had at a glance and who I loaned the missing ones to. The wish list feature would also be helpful for several of my hobies.

Obviously the auto look up feature would be hard to do, but a digital picture and description could easily be added by the user.