Custom info view style broken in 4.0

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
dlormans
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Custom info view style broken in 4.0

Post by dlormans »

Hello,

I made some minor adjustments to my info view style and saved it as "david.html" which I copied into the correct folder with each upgrade of DVD Pedia. However, with version 4.0 my custom style is broken - the credits, links and Amazon links are gone and the "starring" lists the crew but not the contents of the "starring" field. Is there a simple fix for this?

Thanks
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

The keys for the different fields changed. There are four options.

If you are comfortable with a little terminal, the first option is straight forward, type the following into terminal and run it:

Code: Select all

sed -i "backup" -f "/Applications/DVDpedia.app/Contents/Frameworks/Pediabase.framework/Versions/A/Resources/sedcommands.txt" "/Users/name/david.html"
Of course you have to change the paths to fit the locations of your david.html file and DVDpedia if it's not in the Applications folder (if you delete the last path and then drag your david.html over the terminal window, it will enter the path for you).

Second option, if you haven't done anything to your database yet in 4.0, you can remove the 4.0 database file while DVDpedia is not running (~/Library/Application Support/DVDpedia/Database.pediadata), then copy your david.html into "InfoTemplates" folder inside the data folder as well. When you launch DVDpedia it will import your 3.6 information and look into the InfoTemplates folder and update the file to the new format. (The InfoTemplates folder is also a good location for your file as you won't have to worry about replacing it with each upgrade and DVDpeida info view will see it there, you might have to create the folder and also move any images you are using into InfoTemplates/Images. No matter what method you choose you can move it here in the future).

Third option is to manually change all the keys with a text editor, they are all the same put lowercase first letter. "[Credit:Name]" would be "[credit:name]", "[CreditsBegin]" is "[creditsBegin]", "[Key:Starring]" is "[key:starring]" the only keys that don't follow those rules are:

Code: Select all

Collection = collectionID
Language = languages
ProductURL = url
ListPrice = price
PaidPrice = paid
Release = releaseDate
UPC = upc
IMDB = imdb
CustomOne = custom1
CustomTwo = custom2
CustomThree = custom3
CustomFour = custom4
MarketPrice = lowestNewPrice
ISBN = isbn
LCCN = lccn
SoldBook = hasBeenSold
viewerRating, readerRating, customerRating, playerRating = rating;
Fourth and last put not least send us the file and we can make the changes for you.
dlormans
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by dlormans »

Thank you Conor for you quick response! I tried option 2 and it worked fine however there are two issues for me now. One, the star rating in the right top of the info view is now an "image not found" question mark. And the "starring" field seems to be replaced by the "credits". (I assume that "starring" is a deprecated field in the new version?) Thanks again.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Check the tag for the star images it should be "[key:starRatingURL]". If you placed the template in the InfoTemplates folder you need to copy the images folder from inside the Application; DVDpedia.app/Contents.Resources/WebViewFiles/Images into InfoTemplates, DVDpedia does this step when you install a template but not if you create the folder yourself. The starring is now based on the first five from the credits.